The Regional Water Infrastructure Programme for the Southern African Development Community (SADC) is aligned with regional goals of regional economic integration and poverty eradication, the principles of Integrated Water Resources Management and supporting one of the priority intervention areas under the Regional Indicative Strategic Development Plan (RISDP).
This brochure presents an overview of the Regional Water Infrastructure Programme through a discussion of the following:
- The enabling environment for infrastructure development.
- The institutional framework.
- Shared watercourse institutions (river basin organisations).
- The SADC Water Infrastructure Programme itself.
- The Regional Water Supply and Sanitation Programme.
- The Community Livelihoods and IWRM Demonstration Projects.
- The Regional Strategic Water Infrastructure Development Programme (RSWIDP).