The mandate of the Directorate, which also includes mining, is to facilitate trade liberalisation and integration; attainment of competitive and diversified industrial development and increased industrial investment and productivity that follows international best practice and complies with globally recognised standards.
Sustainable industrial development and trade integration
- Increased regional value chains and value addition for agricultural and non-agricultural products;
- Consolidated SADC Free Trade Agreement (FTA);
- Enhanced compliance with international standards and Sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) measures resulting in Increased Intra-Africa Trade;
- Increased regional productivity and improved involvement of private sector in regional integration;
- Enhanced progress for deepening regional integration; and
- Enhanced application of science, technology and innovation.