As a member of the African Union, SADC and the COMESA, Mauritius has played a dynamic role on the African continent. It will continue to pursue its cooperation with the African continent with the objective of:
- sharing its experience on democracy, governance and development;
- fast tracking regional integration;
- enlarging economic opportunities for our citizens; and
- acting as a catalyst for investment.
In this context, the Government of Mauritius has decided to offer scholarships to 50 deserving African students to pursue their undergraduate studies in public tertiary education institutions in Mauritius in 2014.
The Scholarship will cover:
- a monthly living allowance of Rs 8,300 (USD 266 approx.);
- tuition fees up to Rs 100,000 (USD 3205 approx.) yearly; and
- airfare (economy class) by the most economical route to and from Mauritius at the start and the end of the studies.