TENDER FOR THE PROVISION OF AIR TRAVEL SERVICES
UNDER FRAMEWORK CONTRACT
REFERENCE NUMBER: SADC/AIR/FWK-05 /2014
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
1. The Southern African Community (SADC) Secretariat has set aside funds for the operation of the Secretariat during the financial year 2014/15. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the fund will be used to cover eligible payment under the contract for the Management of Air Travel.
2. The SADC Secretariat now invites sealed bids from eligible and reputable Travel Agents to manage official travel as per the following Lots:
Lot 1: Provision of Air Tickets to SADC Secretariat Executive Management
Lot 2: Provision of Air Tickets to General SADC Secretariat Staff and member states
These official travels include, but not limited, to the following:
- Official missions, meetings and various national, regional and international events;
- Interviews of applicants/Candidates for employment;
- Appointment and repatriation of staff and family members;
- Home leaves / passage, emergency travels and educational leaves; and
- Visits to project sites, by either SADC staff or counterparts, or other entities involved in execution of various SADC undertakings.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Open Bidding procedures specified in the SADC Procurement Policy, August 2011 revised in February 2014 and are open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Policy and Regulations.
4. A complete set of Bidding Document(s) in English is available for download at the SADC Secretary’s website: https://www.sadc.int/procurement/
5. Interested Bidders may obtain further information in writing from the address below:
Head - Procurement Unit,
Private Bag 0095,
Fax +267 3972848 / 3181070,
Attention: Mr. Snowden Mmadi
Copy to Mr. Gift Mike Gwaza
Email: email@example.com at the latest 2 weeks before the deadline of submission of the bids
6. All bids must be accompanied by a bid securing declaration in the format provided in the bidding documents.
7. All bids in one original plus three (3) copies, properly filled and enclosed in plain envelopes must be delivered to the address below:
Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat
CBD Plot 54385
Private Bag 0095
at or before 8th August 2014, 15:00 hrs local time.
8. Bids will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend the opening at the SADC Secretary’s HQ, CBD Plot 54385, Ground Floor, Room DGP49, Gaborone, Botswana, on Friday 8th August 2014 at 15:00hrs local time
9. Late bids, portion of bids, electronic bids, bids not received, bids not opened and not read out in public at the bid opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
Snowden Mmadi MCIPS
HEAD – PROCUREMENT UNIT