SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
National Competitive Bidding
Support to the Control of Communicable Diseases (HIV / AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria) Project
Date: 16 February 2015
Grant No: 21 00155007217
IFB No: SADC-SHD&SP/NCB-1-CD/2015
Supply & Installation of ICT Infrastructure for Regional Database for SADC Secretariat
1. This Specific Procurement Notice follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which appeared in Development Business Issue No. AfDB175-686/06 dated 16 September 2006.
2. The SADC Secretariat has received a loan from the African Development Fund in the amount of twenty million Units of Account (UA 20,000,000.00) towards the cost of the Support to the Control of Communicable Diseases (HIV / AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria)and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the loan to cover eligible payments under the contracts for the Supply & Installation of ICT Infrastructure for Regional Database for SADC Secretariat. Bidding is open to all bidders from eligible member countries as defined in the ADB's Rules of Procedure for the Procurement of Goods and Works.
3. The SADC Secretariat now invites sealed bids from prospective bidders for all of the following items:
- SANS Nos 3
- Server Nos 3
- Print, scan and copy management solution
- Configuration and implementation of existing and new hardware, including storage
4. Complete sets of bidding documents (and additional copies) may be purchased from SADC Secretariat - Communicable Disease Project, Plot 116 Gaborone International Finance Park, Kgale, 1st Floor office 130, Private Bag 0095, Gaborone, Botswana upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Three Hundred Botswana Pula (BWP 300.00) in local currency or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency, payable at office No.130 for each set. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents from below address.
5. The instructions to bidders and general conditions of contract contained in the bidding documents comply with the Bank's Standard Bidding Documents for the Procurement of Goods/Works.
6. Bids shall be valid for a bid period of 120 days after Bid Opening and must be accompanied by the bid security of BWP 10,000.00 or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency and be delivered to the SADC Secretariat - Communicable Disease Project, Procurement Expert, Plot 116, Gaborone International Finance Park, Kgale, 1st Floor office No.125, Gaborone, Botswana on or before 10.00 hrs local time on Thursday 19 March 2015.They will be opened in the presence of bidders' representatives who choose to attend at 3rd Floor Conference Room, Plot 116 Gaborone International Finance Park, Kgale, Gaborone, Botswana on 19 March 2015 at 10.15 hrs local time. LATE BIDS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
A pre-bid meeting (not compulsory) will be held – further details are contained in the bidding documents.
SADC Secretariat - Communicable Disease Project,
Plot 116 Gaborone International Finance Park, Kgale,
1st Floor office 125,
Private Bag 0095, Gaborone, Botswana,
Tel: +267-3641810, Fax: +267-3915831,