CAPACITY BUILDING OF OPEN AND DISTANCE LEARNING (ODL) PROJECT
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN):
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
|Date:||04th September 2013|
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online AfDB94-701/07 of 30th April 2007 on-line and on the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website.
2. The Southern African Development Community (SADC) has received Financing from the African Development Bank in various currencies towards the cost of Support to Capacity Building for Open and Distance Learning Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this grant will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for Supply and Installation of ICT Equipment for 8 African Development Fund Member States in the SADC Region and SADC Centre of Distance Education.
3. The SADC Secretariat now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the supply of Supply and Installation of ICT Equipment for 8 African Development Fund Member States in the SADC Region and SADC Centre of Distance Education.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of SADC Open and Distance learning Project, Gaborone International Finance Park, Millennium Building, Plot 116, First Floor Office number 105, P.O. Box 0095, Gaborone, Botswana, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Pre-bidding meeting will be held as follows: 27th September 2013 – Johannesburg, South Africa. Details of this meeting are provided in the Bidding Documents.
5. A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of BWP300.00 (Three Hundred Botswana Pula).
6. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Goods or Procurement of Works.
7. Bids clearly marked “ICT Equipment for SADC ADF Member States” must be delivered to the above office on or before 15:00 hours, Botswana time on Wednesday 16th OCTOBER 2013 and must be accompanied by a security of:
Lot 1: USD5,100; Lot 2: USD5,100; Lot 3: USD5,100; Lot 4: USD5,100; Lot 5: USD5,100; Lot 6: USD5,100; Lot 7: USD5,100; Lot 8: USD1,000; Lot 9: USD1,000.
8. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 15:05 hours, Botswana time on Wednesday 16th OCTOBER 2013 at the offices of SADC Open and Distance learning Project, Gaborone International Finance Park, Millennium Building, Plot 116, Third Floor Board Room, P.O. Box 0095, Gaborone, Botswana.