SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF LABORATORY EQUIPMENT FOR ZIMBABWE NATIONAL QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAMME (ZINQAP)
03 June 2013
(1) This Specific Procurement Notice follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which appeared in Development Business Issue No. AfDB175-686/06 dated 16 September 2006.
(2)The SADC Secretariat has received a loan from the African Development Fund in the amount of twenty million Units of Account (UA 20,000,000) towards the cost of the Support to the Control of Communicable Diseases (HIV / AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the loan to cover eligible payments under the contracts for the Supply and installation of laboratory equipment for Zimbabwe National Quality Assurance Programme (ZINQAP) Bidding is open to all bidders from eligible member countries as defined in the ADB's Rules of Procedure for the Procurement of Goods and Works.
(3). The SADC Secretariat now invites sealed bids from prospectives bidders for any or all of the following lots:
- Lot 1: Supply & Installation of Laboratory Equipment for ZINQAP
- Lot 2: Supply & Installation of Laboratory Analysers for ZINQAP
In order qualify for one or two lots the bid security of the bidder must be at least the aggregate of required bid security for the lots.
(4) Complete sets of bidding documents (and additional copies) may be purchased from SADC Secretariat - Communicable Disease Project, Plot 116 Kgale Mews, 1st Floor office 130, Private Bag 0095, Gaborone, Botswana upon payment of a non-refundable fee of three hundred Botswana Pula (BWP 300.00) or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency, payable at office No.128 for each set. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents from below address.
(5) The instructions to bidders and general conditions of contract contained in the bidding documents comply with the Bank's Standard Bidding Documents for the Procurement of Goods/Works.
(6) Bids shall be valid for a bid period of 120 days after Bid Opening and must be accompanied by the bid security as follows: Lot 1: USD 1,500, Lot 2: USD 1,500 or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency and be delivered to the SADC Secretariat - Communicable Disease Project, Procurement Expert, Plot 116 Kgale Mews, 1st Floor office No.125, Gaborone, Botswana on or before 10.00 hrs local time on 23rd JULY 2013. They will be opened in the presence of bidders' representatives who choose to attend at 3rd Floor Conference Room, Plot 116 Kgale Mews, Gaborone, Botswana on 23rd JULY 2013 at 10.15 hrs local time. LATE BIDS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
SADC Secretariat - Communicable Disease Project,
Plot 116 Kgale Mews, 1st Floor office 125,
Private Bag 0095, Gaborone, Botswana,
Tel: +267-3641810, Fax: +267-3924099,