REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
|Request for Services Title:||CONTRACT TO CONDUCT RESEARCH ON TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS, ESPECIALLY WOMEN AND CHILDREN, IN SADC REGION|
1. The SADC Secretariat is inviting Individual Consultants to submit their CV and Financial Proposal for the following services:
TO CONDUCT RESEARCH ON TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS, ESPECIALLY WOMEN AND CHILDREN, IN SADC REGION
The Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for these services are attached as Annex 1 to this Request for Expression of Interest.
2. Only Individual Consultants are eligible for this assignment provided that they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
a) they are not bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into arrangements with creditors, have suspended business activities, are being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are being in any similar situations arising from similar procedures provided for in the national legislation or regulations of the SADC member states;
b) they have not been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which has the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
c) they have not been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which SADC Secretariat can justify;
d) they have fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed;
e) they have not been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity detrimental to the SADC Secretariat' financial interests; or
f) they are not being currently subject to an administrative penalty.
3. The maximum budget for this contract is US $35,000. Proposals exceeding this budget will not be accepted.
4. Your Expression of Interest must be presented as per Standard Expression of Interest Forms attached as Annex 2 to this REOI, in the English language and be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents. If the supporting documents are not in English, these shall be accompanied by a certified translation into English.
5. Your proposal, clearly marked "SADC/RPC/01/2013 – CONTRACT TO CONDUCT RESEARCH ON TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS, ESPECIALLY WOMEN AND CHILDREN, IN SADC REGION" in a sealed envelope, should be submitted in our tender box located at the following address:
Secretary to the Tender Committee
Plot 54385 CBD
Private Bag 0095
Attn: Mr Snowden Mmadi
6. The deadline for submission of your proposal, to the address indicated in Paragraph 5 above, is:
29th November 2013 at 15:00 hours (extended to 6th December 2013 at 15:00 hours as per attached addendum)
7. Proposals submitted by Fax or E-mail are not acceptable.
8. Your CV will be evaluated against the following criteria.
|Criteria||Maximum points allocated|
|(i) General qualifications||30|
|(ii) Adequacy for the project||50|
|(iii) Experience in the SADC region||20|
9. You proposal should be submitted as per the following instructions and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Standard Contract attached as Annex 3 to this REOI:
The financial proposal shall be inclusive of all expenses deemed necessary by the Individual Consultant for the performance of the contract.
(ii) EVALUATION AND AWARD OF THE CONTRACT:
Expressions of Interest determined to be formally compliant to the requirements will be further evaluated technically.
An Expression of Interest is considered compliant to the requirements if:
- It fulfils the formal requirements (see Paragraphs 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 above),
- The financial proposal does not exceed the maximum available budget for the contract.
The award will be made to the applicant who obtained the highest technical score. Expressions of Interest not obtaining a minimum score of 70% will be rejected.
(iii) VALIDITY OF THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
Your Expression of Interest should be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of deadline for submission indicated in Paragraph 6 above.
10. The assignment is expected to commence within four (4) weeks from the signature of the contract.
11. Additional requests for information and clarifications can be made until 10 working days prior to deadline indicated in the paragraph 6 above, from:
|The Procuring entity:||SADC Secretariat|
|Contact person:||Ted Peter Luka|
The answer on the questions received will be sent to the Consultant and all questions received as well as the answer(s) to them will be posted on the SADC Secretariat's website at the latest 7 working days before the deadline for submission of the proposals.
- BID DOC - Request for Expression of Interest - TIP Research Consultant - final version Reviewed by Kondanani 07112013.docx
ANNEX 1: Terms of Reference
ANNEX 2: Expression of Interest Forms
ANNEX 3: Standard Contract for Individual Consultants
Name: Ted Peter Luka
Title: Procurement Officer