Request for Technical and Financial Proposal for Audit of SADC HIV and Business Plan (2010-2015)
1. The Southern African Development Community (SADC) has received a grant from the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) to support the implementation of the SADC HIV and AIDS Business Plan 2010-15. Annually, SIDA disburses an average of SEK8.5 million (equivalent of about US$1.2 million) to support the implementation of annual work plans. The SADC Secretariat intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to eligible payments under the contract for consultancy services for: “THREE YEAR AUDIT " for the financial years ending 31 March 2013, 2014 and 2015.
2. The audit will focus on the Grant’s Financial Statements and operations to enable the auditors to express a professional opinion on the financial position and operations of the Support for three consecutive financial years ending 31 March 2013, 31 March 2014 and 31 March 2015. The audit will be carried out in accordance with International Standards of Auditing and will include such tests and controls, as the auditors consider necessary under the circumstances
3. SADC now invites consulting firms to submit Technical and Financial Proposals indicating their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide a statement of capability and experience indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
4. Evaluation Criteria: The Technical and Financial Proposals will be evaluated as follows:
(i) Technical Proposal 80 % of the total Score of 100.
(ii) Financial Proposal 20% of the total score of 100
The points given to Technical evaluation sub criteria are:
|(i) Specific experience of the firm related the assignment||10|
(ii) Adequacy of the proposed Audit Plan and methodology
|(iii) Qualifications and competence of the key staff for the assignment||45|
|(iv) Participation by SADC nationals||10|
The points given to the evaluation sub-criteria for qualifications of staff are:
|Adequacy for the Project||45|
|Experience and language in the region||15|
5.Commencement of the assignment (Date and Location) : May 2013, SADC Secretariat, Millennium Office Park, Kgale View, Gaborone, Botswana.Prices shall clearly indicate amounts for each of the three Financial Years audited.
6. Detailed Terms of Reference and the format of the Combined Technical and Financial Proposal can be obtained on the SADC website.
7. Written submissions WITH TWO SEPERATE ENVELOPES one containing Technical Proposal and the other containing Financial Proposal clearly marked should be SEALED in one ENVELOPE and must be marked “SADC HIV and AIDS SIDA SUPPORT AUDIT – TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL PROPOSAL” and delivered to the address below by 12H00, Botswana Time (GMT +2) on Friday 1st March 2013. Submissions through Emails will not be accepted.
Attention: Mr Lameck Mithi
Technical Expert Finance: SIDA HIV ICP Group
Directorate for Social and Human Development and
Millennium Office Park, Kgale View
Private Bag 0095
Tel : +267 395 1863