REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
1. The African Development Bank hereby invites Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in the following Assignment: Study on the Impact of Implementation of the SADC Protocol on Trade.
2. The services to be provided under the Assignment include: (i) A desk review of the key reforms and instruments adopted to implement the SADC Protocol on Trade and trends in formal trade flows; (ii) A survey based assessment of the impact of the reforms implemented under the Trade Protocol; (iii) Drafting the Flagship Report including a stand-alone Executive Summary; and, (iv) Presentation of the report at two regional stakeholder meetings.
3. The Southern Africa Regional Resource Center (SARC) invites Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing the above-described services. Interested eligible Consulting Firms or associations of Consulting Firms shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to provide the services (documentation, references for similar services, experience in comparable Assignments, availability of qualified staff, etc.).
4. The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedure shall be in conformity with the Bank’s Rules and Procedure for the Use of Consultants under projects financed by the Bank Group, May 2008 Edition, revised on July 2012 available on the Bank Website at http://www.afdb.org. Please, note that interest expressed by a Consulting Firm does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include it in the shortlist.
5. The estimated duration of services is three months and the estimated starting date is 1 MARCH 2014.
6. Interested Consulting Firms may obtain further information at the address below during the Bank’s working hours: 0800hrs to 1700hrs.
7. Expressions of interest must be received at the e-mail address below no later than 31 JANUARY 2014 at 1700hrs local time and specifically mentioning Study on the Impact of Implementation of the SADC Protocol on Trade.
For the attention of: Ms Motselisi Mokheseng
African Development Bank
Southern Africa Regional Resource Center
339 Witch-Hazel Avenue
Tel : +27 (0)12 003 6900
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail : email@example.com