REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
ORANGE-SENQU RIVER COMMISSION (ORASECOM)
Preparation of Climate Resilient Water Resources Investment
Strategy and Multipurpose Project
Sectors: Water & Climate Change
Project ID No.: P-Z1-EAZ-046
1. The Orange-Senqu River Commission (ORASECOM) has applied for financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB) towards the cost of the Preparation of a Climate Resilient Water Resources Investment Strategy & Plan and Multipurpose Project for the Orange-Senqu River Basin, and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this Grant to payments under the contract for the preparation and/or undertaking of:- a Climate Resilient Water Resources Investment Strategy & Plan, Roadmap for the Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) Plan, a Resources Mobilisation Framework and a Feasibility Study for a Prioritised Multipurpose Trans-boundary Project.
2. The services under this Assignment include:- (i) undertaking water resources development planning and development of investment strategy & plan, considering water resources availability and use for economic, social and environmental purposes; climate variability & change impacts and institutional mechanisms; (ii) an analysis of strategic & specific actions identified in the IWRM Plan & preparation of a road map for operationalization of an IWRM Plan & cost estimate for further implementation and (iii) feasibility study & analysis of the top priority project from the basin wide investment strategy and plan.
3. ORASECOM now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
4. Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the AfDB's Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations dated October 2015 which is available on the Bank's website at http://www.afdb.org.
5. The estimated duration of the services is 24 months and the estimated starting date is 2nd May 2017.
6. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: 09:00 to 17:00 hours, Pretoria Local Time.
7. Expressions of interest must be received by email at the address below not later than Friday, 11th November, 2016 at 17:00 hours, Pretoria local time and specifically mentioning "ORASECOM Climate Resilient Water Investment Strategy & Plan and Multipurpose Project".
For the attention of: The Executive Secretary
269 Von Willigh LN, South-East Cnr Von Willigh LN & Lenchen Avenue,
Entrance VonWillgh LN, Ground Floor, Block A, Corporate 66, Office Park,
Centurion, South Africa.
Email: Lenka.email@example.com or Secretariat@orasecom.org