Invitation for Pre-qualification
Technical Assistance to the SADC Trade Related Facility (TRF)
Number and titles of lots:
1 Lot: Technical Assistance to the SADC Secretariat Trade Related Facility
SADC Secretariat, Western Commercial Road (near Lobatse and Seboni Roads), CBD Plot 54385, Private Bag 0095, Gaborone, BOTSWANA, and travel within the SADC region.
Maximum contract budget:
1. This Invitation for Prequalification follows the General Procurement Notice (Individual Service Contract Forecast) that appeared on SADC Secretariat website, the DG Market website and the UN Development Business online in December 2013.
2. The SADC TRF will provide a financial incentive to SADC Member States to assist them to implement the commitments they made under the SADC Trade Protocol (STP) and Economic Partnership Agreements (EPA) with the EU. This will enhance the process of regional integration and strengthen the region’s trade competitiveness globally. The TRF will be supported through a Contribution Agreement between the EU and SADC. It is anticipated that this Contribution Agreement will be signed during the second quarter of 2014. A Facility Support Unit (FSU) will be formed through a service contract following SADC procedures to manage the TRF activities.
3. The Overall Objective of the TRF is to improve the participation of SADC Member States in regional and international trade in order to contribute to sustainable development in the SADC region.
4. The Specific Objective of the TRF is to enhance the implementation of the STP and the EU-SADC EPA to increase intra-regional and inter-regional trade flows of the concerned SADC Member States.
5. The expected key results of the TRF are:
Key result 1 (STP Window): Higher level of compliance and implementation of the STP’s commitments by the SADC Member States is achieved.
Key result 2 (EPA Window): SADC EPA Member States are better prepared to effectively implement and monitor the EPA and benefit from it, particularly in terms of improved market access.
6. The SADC Secretariat herewith invites companies/firms to submit Applications for prequalification for the following contract: Technical Assistance to the SADC Trade Related Facility (TRF) which will include the following key experts (KE):
KE1 - Programme Manager
KE2 - SADC Trade Protocol Expert
KE3 - Economic Partnership Agreement Expert
KE4 - Finance and Administration Expert
Each Key Expert will be required for 1000 working days over a 5 year period.
7. In addition to the key experts the service contract will also include a provision for 1600 days of short term expert services. The specific nature of these services will be determined during project implementation. More details on the scope of the contract(s) are provided in the Prequalification document which can be downloaded, free of charge, from the SADC website.
8. The procurement method used for this contract is Quality and Cost Based Selection under the International Restricted Tender as defined in the SADC Secretariat Procurement Guidelines, August 2011 edition available on the Procurement documentation page of the SADC website.
9. The Invitation for Prequalification is open to all companies/firms which satisfy the eligibility and qualification requirements stated in section III of the Prequalification document.
10. The closing time and date for submission of the Applications at the address indicated in the Prequalification Document is 14:00hrs local time on 20th March 2014. Applications for prequalification received after this time and date, or submitted otherwise than indicated in the Prequalification Document, shall not be considered and shall be returned unopened.
11. All notifications concerning this procurement process, including: modification of the Prequalification Document, results of the evaluation, shortlisting or cancellation notices, requests for clarification and the respective responses will be published on the following website: https://www.sadc.int/opportunities/procurement/
12. Interested companies/firms may seek clarification or/and additional information concerning this prequalification, only in writing (or by email) and by latest 16:30hrs local time Thursday, 06 March 2014 from the following contact points:
Head of Procurement
Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat
CBD Plot 54385
Room DGP11 on Ground Floor
Attention: Mr. Snowden Mmadi
With copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: Mr. Ted Peter Luka
Please note that the tender will be launched under a suspensive clause pending the signature of the Contribution Agreement (CA). If for any reason the CA is not signed the tender process will be cancelled and the SADC Secretariat will accept no responsibility for any of the costs incurred by consultancy firms in pursuing this tender.
Responses to Requests for Clarifications:
Responses to requests for clarifications on this opportunity will be published on the below this advert on the SADC website before 16:30hrs local time 11 March 2014