1. The Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat is inviting interested and eligible Individual Consultants to submit their CVs and Financial Proposal for the following services:
“Consultancy to develop a regional disaster risk reduction strategic plan 2016-2030”.
The Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for these services are attached as Annex 1 to this Request for Expression of Interest.
- Individual Consultants are eligible for this assignment provided that they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
a) they are not bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into arrangements with creditors, have suspended business activities, are being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are being in any similar situations arising from similar procedures provided for in the national legislation or regulations of the SADC member states;
b) they have not been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which has the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
c) they have not been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which SADC Secretariat can justify;
d) they have fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed;
e) they have not been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organization or any other illegal activity detrimental to the SADC Secretariat' financial interests; or
f) they are not being currently subject to an administrative penalty.
- Your Expression of Interest must be presented as per Standard
Expression of Interest Forms attached as Annex 2 to this REOI, in the English language and be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents. If the supporting documents are not in English, these shall be accompanied by a certified translation into English.
4. Your proposal clearly marked “Consultancy to develop a regional disaster risk reduction strategic plan 2016-2030”- SADC/RPC/DRR/01/2017/1” in a sealed envelope, should be submitted in our tender box located at the following address:
Plot 54385 CBD
Private Bag 0095
Attention: Mr. Gift Mike Gwaza MCIPS
- Expressions of Interest submitted by E-mail are acceptable and MUST be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, copy to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for submission of your Expression of Interest to the address and email indicated in Paragraph 5 and 6 above is Friday, 21st April 2017 at 15:00 hours local time.
- Your CV will be evaluated against the following criteria.
Maximum points allocated
Education and Training
Experience and Specific Skills
- Your proposal should be submitted as per the following instructions and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Standard Contract attached as Annex 3 to this REOI:
The financial proposal shall be inclusive of all expenses deemed necessary by the Individual Consultant for the performance of the contract.
(ii) EVALUATION AND AWARD OF THE CONTRACT:
Expressions of Interest determined to be formally compliant to the requirements will be further evaluated technically.
An Expression of Interest is considered compliant to the requirements if:
- It fulfils the formal requirements (see Paragraphs 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 above),
- The financial proposal does not exceed the maximum available budget for the contract.
- The award will be made to the applicant who obtained the highest technical score. Expressions of Interest not obtaining a minimum score of 70% will be rejected.
(iii) VALIDITY OF THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
Your Expression of Interest should be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of deadline for submission indicated in Paragraph 6 above.
- The assignment is expected to commence within two (2) weeks from the signature of the contract.
- Additional requests for information and clarifications can be made until 10 working days prior to deadline indicated in the paragraph 7 above, from:
The Procuring entity: SADC Secretariat
Contact person: Gift Mike Gwaza/ Mr. Clement Kalonga
The answers on the questions received will be sent to the Consultant and all questions received as well as the answer(s) to them will be posted on the SADC Secretariat’s website at the latest 7 working days before the deadline for submission of the proposals.
ANNEX 1: Terms of Reference
ANNEX 2: Expression of Interest Forms
ANNEX 3: Standard Contract for Individual Consultants
Name: Gift Mike Gwaza MCIPS
Title: Acting Head – Procurement
Date: 3rd April 2017