REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
REQUEST FOR SERVICES TITLE:
ENGAGEMENT OF A FINANCE EXPERT FOR DEVELOPMENT AND COSTING OF A DETAILED ACTION PLAN FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SADC INDUSTRIALISATION STRATEGY AND ROADMAP
Southern African Development Community (SADC) is inviting Individual Consultants to submit their CV and Financial Proposal as Finance Expert for the Development and Costing of a Detailed Action Plan for the Implementation of the SADC Industrialisation Policy and Roadmap. The Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for these services are attached as Annex 1 to this Request for Expression of Interest.
Individual Consultants shall not be eligible for award of this assignment where :
- they are being bankrupt or wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into arrangements with creditors, have suspended business activities, are being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are being in any similar situations arising from a similar procedures provided for in the national legislation or regulations of the SADC member states;
- they have been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which haves the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
- they have been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which SADC Secretariat can justify;
- they have not fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed;
- they have been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity detrimental to the SADC Secretariat' financial interests; or
- they are being currently subject to an administrative penalty.
Your Expression of Interest must be presented as per Standard Expression of Interest Forms attached as Annex 2 to this REOI in English language and be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents. If the supporting documents are not in English, these shall be accompanied by a certified translation into English.
Your proposal should be addressed and deposited in the tender box located at the Reception of the address below:
The Head Procurement Unit
Private Bag 0095
Attention: Mr. Gift Mike Gwaza MCIPS
The envelope should be clearly marked “SADC/TIFI/TRF/IC/15/001” - Finance Expert for the Development and Costing of a Detailed Action Plan for the Implementation of the SADC Industrialisation Policy and Roadmap
The deadline for submission of your proposal, to the addressed indicated in Paragraph 4 is: 22nd September 2015 at 14:30hrs local time
Proposal submitted by E-mail “are” acceptable and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . The Subject should clearly indicate “SADC/TIFI/TRF/IC/15/001” - Finance Expert for the Development and Costing of a Detailed Action Plan for the Implementation of the SADC Industrialisation Policy and Roadmap
Your CV will be evaluated against the following criteria.
- General Qualifications and skills
- General Professional Experience
- Specific Professional experience
You proposal should be submitted as per the following instructions, and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Standard Contract attached as Annex 3 to this REOI:
- PRICES: The financial proposal shall be inclusive of all expenses deemed necessary by the Individual Consultant for the performance of the contract.
- EVALUATION AND AWARD OF THE CONTRACT: Expressions of Interest determined to be formal and technical compliant to the requirement will be evaluated by comparison of their prices. An Expression of Interest is considered compliant to the requirements if: fulfils the formal requirements (see Paragraphs 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 above), has received minimum 80 points at the technical evaluation, and the financial proposal does not exceed the maximum available budget for the contract. The award will be made to the applicant who obtained the highest technical score and submitted administrative and technical compliant Expression of Interest.
- VALIDITY OF THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: Your Expression of Interest should be valid for a period of 90 days from the date for deadline for submission indicated in Paragraph 5 above.
The assignment is expected to commence within One (1) week from the signature of the contract.
Additional request for information and clarifications can be request, no later than 5 working days prior to deadline indicated in the paragraph 5 above, from:
Procuring entity: SADC Secretariat
Contact person: Mr Gift Mike Gwaza
Telephone: +267 3951863
Fax: +267 3181070
ANNEXES (in attached document):
ANNEX 1: Terms of Reference
ANNEX 2: Expression of Interest Forms
ANNEX 3: Standard Contract for Individual Consultants
Gift Mike Gwaza MCIPS