The Southern African Development Community
Invitation for Expression of Interest
EDF Advisor, Finance and Contracts to SADC Secretariat
The Southern African Development Community Secretariat based in Gaborone (Botswana) wishes to invite interested parties to express interest in providing services as an EDF Finance and Contracts Advisor. The assignment is for a period of two (2) years commencing August 2015 with 400 working days input (approximately 20 months over a 24-month period, for a maximum budget of €230,000). The European Union (EU) is providing financial assistance to carry out the assignment.
The scope of work of the Advisor includes:
- support to financial planning and programming in the context of operationalization of the relevant 10th and 11th EDF projects and programmes;
- support achievement of appropriate standards (e.g. Pillar Institutional Assessment Audits) required to access EDF resources using indirect management approaches;
- contribution to the treasury planning to ensure availability of cash flow for actions funded through EDF resources,
support expenditure commitment processes – expenditure control, tendering and payments processes;
- provision for the Delegation of the European Union in Botswana and SADC of updated information on annual and quarterly cash flow requirements;
- support to SADC Budget and Finance Director in overseeing accounting of 10th and 11th EDF resources
provision of training and support to management and staff implementing EDF funded actions.
Interested parties are requested to submit/send written Expressions of Interest (EOI), including a profile of their corporation/company/group or as individuals, a description of their full range of expertise and a listing of relevant present and past assignments in the area of financial management of EDF funds by the 30th of June 2015 COB.
The following selection criteria will be applied to candidates:
Technical and Professional capacity:
- Qualifications and skills must include a university's degree of at least four years in accounting, finance, management or equivalent, knowledge and expertise in EDF rules and procedures, training and capacity building skills, strong communication & interpersonal skills, computer skills and fluency in written and spoken English and strong report & proposal writing skills. At least 10 years working experience in the area of financial management of EDF funded projects.
Economic and Financial capacity:
Interested parties are requested to submit documents showing their average annual turnover of the past two years.
Interested parties are also cautioned that this is not an invitation to tender. The Tender dossier will be sent to shortlisted parties only.
Any request for clarifications should be sent to Mr Ernest Mwemutsi (email@example.com), senior Finance officer at SADC Secretariat. Clarifications for questions received by 5th June, 2015 will be published on SADC website (Open Procurement Opportunities) webpage.
A list of vendors will also be drawn up from parties that have expressed interest.
Fully completed profiles and related information can be delivered at SADC Headquarters Office SADC House Plot No. 54385. Central Business District Private Bag 0095. Gaborone or sent by e-mail to the below mentioned contacts.
Contact Person: Ernest Mwemutsi
Senior Finance Officer
Tel: +267-7132 7345