“DEVELOPMENT OF A FRAMEWORK FOR MONITORING AND EVALUATION OF THE IMPACT OF SADC TFCAS”.
The Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for these services in English, French and Portuguese are attached as Annex 1 to this Request for Expression of Interest.
2. Individual Consultants are eligible for this assignment provided that they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
a) they are not bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into arrangements with creditors, have suspended business activities, are being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are being in any similar situations arising from similar procedures provided for in the national legislation or regulations of the SADC member states;
b) they have not been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which has the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
c) they have not been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which SADC Secretariat can justify;
d) they have fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed;
e) they have not been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organization or any other illegal activity detrimental to the SADC Secretariat' financial interests; or
f) they are not being currently subject to an administrative penalty.
3. The Consultant will enter into a contract with the German International Cooperation (GIZ). When developing a budget, consult the GIZ Country Office near you for guidance on GIZ fees/rates (SADC Secretariat will provide the contacts on request).
4. Your Expression of Interest must be presented as per Standard Expression of Interest Forms attached as Annex 2 to this REOI, in the English language and be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents. If the supporting documents are not in English, these shall be accompanied by a certified translation into English.
5. Your proposal clearly marked “DEVELOPMENT OF A FRAMEWORK FOR MONITORING AND EVALUATION OF THE IMPACT OF SADC TFCAS – REFERENCE NUMBER SADC/FANR/03/16” in a sealed envelope, should be submitted at the following address:
Plot 54385 CBD
Private Bag 0095
Attention: Ms Deborah Kahatano
6. Expressions of Interest submitted by E-mail are acceptable and MUST be sent to email@example.com and Copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. The deadline for submission of your Expression of Interest to the address and email indicated in Paragraph 5 and 6 above is 29th July 2016 at 10:00 hours local time
8. Your CV will be evaluated against the following criteria.
|Criteria||Maximum points allocated|
|Education and Training||35|
|Experience and Specific Skills||40|
9. You proposal should be submitted as per the following instructions and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Standard Contract attached as Annex 3 to this REOI:
The financial proposal shall be inclusive of all expenses deemed necessary by the Individual Consultant for the performance of the contract.
(ii) EVALUATION AND AWARD OF THE CONTRACT:
Expressions of Interest determined to be formally compliant to the requirements will be further evaluated technically.
An Expression of Interest is considered compliant to the requirements if:
- It fulfils the formal requirements (see Paragraphs 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 above),
- The financial proposal does not exceed the maximum available budget for the contract.
- The award will be made to the applicant who obtained the highest technical score. Expressions of Interest not obtaining a minimum score of 70% will be rejected.
(iii) VALIDITY OF THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
Your Expression of Interest should be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of deadline for submission indicated in Paragraph 6 above.
10. The assignment is expected to commence immediately with the successful consultant expected to attend the SADC TFCAs Symposium on 6 July 2016, in Gaborone, Botswana.
11. Additional requests for information and clarifications can be made until 22nd July 2016, from:
The Procuring entity: SADC Secretariat
Contact person: Ms Ms Deborah Kahatano
Copy: Mr Gift Mike Gwaza
The answer on the questions received will be sent to the Consultant and all questions received as well as the answer(s) to them will be posted on the SADC Secretariat’s website at the latest Friday, 22nd July 2016 by 16:00hrs local time.
ANNEXES (in attached document):
ANNEX 1: Terms of Reference
ANNEX 2: Expression of Interest Forms
ANNEX 3: Standard Contract for Individual Consultants
Name: Gift Mike Gwaza MCIPS
Title: Procurement Officer
Date: 11th July 2016