REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Reference Number: SADC/GF/1/2014
Consultancy to Review and Finalise Three GF SADC HIV/AIDS Cross Border initiative Centres Best Practices Document
1. SADC Secretariat – HIV/AIDS Cross Border Initiative (Global Fund) is inviting Individual Consultants to submit their CV and Financial Proposals for the following services: Consultancy to Review and Finalise Three GF SADC HIV/AIDS Cross Border Initiative Best Practices.
The Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for these services are attached as Annex 1 to this Request for Expression of Interest.
2. Only Individual Consultants are eligible for this assignment provided that they do not fall in any of the following situations:
a) they are being bankrupt or wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into arrangements with creditors, have suspended business activities, are being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are being in any similar situations arising from a similar procedures provided for in the national legislation or regulations of the SADC member states;
b) they have been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which has the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
c) they have been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which SADC Secretariat can justify;
d) they have not fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed;
e) they have been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity detrimental to the SADC Secretariat' financial interests; or
f) they are being currently subject to an administrative penalty.
3. The maximum budget for this contract is US$ 5,304.00. Proposals exceeding this budget will not be accepted.
4. Your Expression of Interest must be presented as per Standard Expression of Interest Forms attached as Annex 2 to this REOI in English language and be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents. If the supporting documents are not in English, these shall be accompanied by a certified translation into English.
5. Your proposal clearly marked "Consultancy to finalise wellness Centres Best Practices Document" should be addressed and submitted to:
The Project Coordinator,
Global Fund HIV/AIDS Project,
SADC Secretariat, CBD Plot 54385.
Private Bag 0095, Gaborone – Botswana.
Contact person: Puleng Ramaloto,
Email address: email@example.com
6. The deadline for submission of your proposal, to the address indicated in Paragraph 5 is: 21 February, 2014, 14:30 hours.
7. Proposals submitted by Fax or E-mail are not acceptable.
8. Your CV will be evaluated against the following criteria.
|Criteria||Maximum points allocated|
|Qualifications and Competence of Consultant|
|(i) General qualifications||30|
|(ii) Adequacy for the project||60|
|(iii) Experience in region||10|
9. Your proposal should be submitted as per the following instructions, and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Standard Contract attached as Annex 3 to this REOI:
(i) PRICES: The financial proposal shall be inclusive of all expenses deemed necessary by the Individual Consultant for the performance of the contract and "must" include any of the following taxes in Purchaser country: value added tax and social charges or/and income taxes on fees and benefits.
(ii) EVALUATION AND AWARD OF THE CONTRACT: Expressions of Interest determined to be formal and technical compliant to the requirement will be evaluated by comparison of their prices. An Expression of Interest is considered compliant to the requirements if: fulfils the formal requirements (see Paragraphs 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 above), has received minimum 70 points at the technical evaluation, and the financial proposal does not exceed the maximum available budget for the contract. The award will be made to the applicant who obtained the highest technical score and submitted administrative and technical compliant Expression of Interest.
(iii) VALIDITY OF THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: Your Expression of Interest should be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of the deadline for the submission indicated in Paragraph 6 above.
(iv) The assignment is expected to commence within four (4) weeks from the signature of the contract.
10. Additional request for information and clarifications can be requested, no later than 5 working days prior to deadline indicated in the paragraph 5 above, from:
SADC Secretariat – HIV/AIDS Cross Border Initiative (Global Fund)
Contact person: Puleng Ramaloto 3641808/Tresphor Chisanga 3641904
Telephone: 3641808 /3641904
ANNEX 1: Terms of Reference
ANNEX 2: Expression of Interest Forms
ANNEX 3: Standard Contract for Individual Consultants
Name: Puleng Ramaloto
Title: Assistant Procurement Officer – Procurement Unit