TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR PROVISION OF TRAINING FOR AUDITORS ON ISO/IEC 17025
CONTRACT NUMBER: BOTSWANA/TRF/BOBS/01/2019
PROCURING ENTITY: MINISTRY OF INVESTMENT, TRADE AND INDUSTRY (MITI)
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS
REFERENCE NUMBER: BOTSWANA/TRF/BOBS/01/2019
REQUEST FOR SERVICES TITLE: PROVISION OF TRAINING FOR AUDITORS ON ISO/IEC 17025
22 JANUARY 2019
1. The Ministry of Investment, Trade and Industry (MITI) is inviting Individual Consultants to submit their CV and Financial Proposal for the following services:
PROVISION OF TRAINING FOR AUDITORS ON ISO/IEC 17025
The Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for these services are attached as Annex 1 to this Request for Proposal (RFP)
2. Only Individual Consultants are eligible for this assignment provided that they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
a) they are not bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into arrangements with creditors, have suspended business activities, are being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are being in any similar situations arising from similar procedures provided for in the national legislation or regulations of the SADC Member States;
b) they have not been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which has the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
c) they have not been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which Ministry can justify;
d) they have fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed;
e) they have not been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity detrimental to the Ministry’s financial interests; or
f) they are not being currently subject to an administrative penalty.
3. The maximum available budget for this Contract is Euro 9, 000 (Nine thousand Euros). This amount includes the remuneration for trainer (fees) and reimbursable expenses.
The maximum budget for reimbursable expenses is Euro 500. This amount shall be included without modification in the Bidder’s Financial Proposal.
The financial proposal must specifically include an all-inclusive fee on a per head basis for 13 participants and taking into account the facilities/costs to be met by BOBS.
No costs other than the per-head fee will be covered under this Contract. All costs related to the provision of the training (including the costs of the trainer and transport) must be included in the per head fee.
4. Your Proposal must be presented as per Standard Proposal Forms attached as Annex 2 to this RFP, in the English language and be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents. If the supporting documents are not in English, these shall be accompanied by a certified translation into English.
5. Your proposal clearly marked “REFERENCE NUMBER:BOTSWANA/TRF/BOBS/01/2019 – PROVISION OF TRAINING FOR AUDITORS ON ISO/IEC 17025” in a sealed envelope, should be submitted in our tender box located at the following address:
Secretary to the Tender Committee
Ministry of Investment, Trade and Industry
Private Bag 004, Gaborone
Attn: Amen Ntlhaile – Principal Engineer
Alfred Kgotlaetsile – Contract Manager
Hwanano C. Maripe - Procurement Officer
6. The deadline for submission of your proposal, to the address indicated in Paragraph 5 above, is:
01 March, 2019 at 1000hrs. Late bids will be rejected
7. Applications submitted by Fax or E-mail are acceptable.
8. Your CV will be evaluated against the following criteria.
Maximum points allocated
Education and Training
9. Your proposal should be submitted as per the following instructions and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Standard Contract attached as Annex 3 to this RFP:
The financial proposal shall be inclusive of all expenses deemed necessary by the Individual Consultant for the performance of the contract.
(ii) EVALUATION AND AWARD OF THE CONTRACT:
Proposal determined to be formally compliant to the requirements will be further evaluated technically.
A Proposal is considered compliant to the requirements if:
- It fulfils the formal requirements (see Paragraphs 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 above),
- The financial proposal does not exceed the maximum available budget for the contract.
The award will be made to the applicant who obtained the highest technical score. Proposals not obtaining a minimum score of 70% will be rejected.
(iii) VALIDITY OF THE PROPOSAL:
Your Expression of Interest should be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of deadline for submission indicated in Paragraph 6 above.
10. The assignment is expected to commence within two (2) weeks from the signature of the contract.
11. Additional requests for information and clarifications can be made until 10 working days prior to deadline indicated in the paragraph 6 above, from:
The Procuring entity: Ministry of Investment, Trade and Industry
Contact person: Amen Ntlhaile – Principal Engineer
Alfred Kgotlaetsile – Contract Manager
Telephone: +267 3645430/ +267 3645488
The answer on the questions received will be sent to the Consultant and all questions received as well as the answer(s) to them will be posted on the SADC Secretariat’s website alongside the procurement notice at the latest 7 working days before the deadline for submission of the proposals.
ANNEX 1: Terms of Reference
ANNEX 2: Expression of Interest Forms
ANNEX 3: Standard Contract for Individual Consultants
Name: Ms Hwanano C. Maripe
Title: SADC TRF - Procurement Officer