INVITATION TO BID
Reference Number: SADC/ADMIN/INSURANCE/01/2018
Procurement entity: SADC SECRETARIAT
Location: SADC Secretariat, Western Commercial Road (near Lobatse and Siboni Roads), CBD Plot 54385, Private Bag 0095, Gaborone, BOTSWANA.
1. The Southern African Community (SADC) Secretariat has set aside funds for the operation of the Secretariat during the financial year 2018/19. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the fund will be used to cover eligible payments under the contract to engage a Company to provide insurance services to the SADC Secretariat.
2. The SADC Secretariat now invites sealed bids from eligible and reputable Insurance Companies and Brokers interested to bid for the Assignment
3. The procurement method used for this contract Open Bidding as defined in the revised SADC Secretariat Procurement Policy and Guidelines available at the following website: www.sadc.int
4. The Bidding document with Technical Specifications and supporting Annexes can be obtained from the following website: http://www.sadc.int/opportunities/procurement/open-procurement-opportunities/
5. The closing time and date for submission of the Bids at the address indicated in the Bidding document is Friday, 14 September 2018, 15:30 Hours local time.”. Bids received after this time and date, or submitted otherwise than indicated in the Bidding Document shall not be considered and shall be returned unopened.
6. The procurement opportunity is open to all companies and brokers which satisfy the eligibility and qualification requirements stated in the Bidding Document
7. All notifications concerning this procurement process, including: or cancellation notices, Requests for clarification and the respective responses will be published on the following website: www.sadc.int.
8. Interested companies/firmsmay seek clarification or/and additional information concerning this Invitation to Bid, only in writing (or by email) and by latest 14 days before the submission deadline indicated in 5 above from the following contact points:
Mr. Gift Mike Gwaza, Head of Procurement
With a copy to:
Ms. Blessing Mapeture,