REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS
REQUEST FOR SERVICES TITLE:
REVIEW AND DRAFT METROLOGY LEGISLATION
PROCURING ENTITY: Seychelles Bureau of Standards
DATE OF ISSUE: 15th May 2019
1. The Seychelles Bureau of Standards is inviting Individual Consultants to submit their CV and Financial Proposal for the following services:
“REVIEW AND DRAFT METROLOGY LEGISLATION”
The Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for these services are attached as Annex 1 to this Request for Expression of Interest.
2. Only Individual Consultants are eligible for this assignment provided that they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
a) they are not bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into arrangements with creditors, have suspended business activities, are being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are being in any similar situations arising from similar procedures provided for in the national legislation or regulations of the SADC Member States;
b) they have not been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which has the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
c) they have not been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which Ministry can justify;
d) they have fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed;
e) they have not been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity detrimental to the Ministry’s financial interests; or
f) they are not being currently subject to an administrative penalty.
3. The maximum available budget for this contract is € 18,000.00 (Eighteen thousand Euros). This amount includes the remuneration for consultants (fees) and reimbursable expenses.
4. Your Expression of Interest must be presented as per Standard Expression of Interest Forms attached as Annex 2 to this REOI, in the English language and be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents. If the supporting documents are not in English, these shall be accompanied by a certified translation into English.
5. Your proposal clearly marked “SADC/TRF/PROJECT/SBS/01/19 - REVIEW AND DRAFT METROLOGY LEGISLATION” in a sealed envelope, should be submitted in our tender box located at the following address:
Secretary to the Tender Committee
MINISTRY OF FINANCE, TRADE, INVESTMENT AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
Francis Rachel Street
ATTENTION: CINDY CHANG-LENG
6. The deadline for submission of your proposal, to the address indicated in Paragraph 5 above, is: 17th June 2019 at 10:00 am local time.
Late bids will be rejected
7. Proposal submitted by E-mail are acceptable by the stated date and time.
National Tender Board
8. Your CV will be evaluated against the following criteria.
Maximum points allocated
Education and Training
9. Your proposal should be submitted as per the following instructions and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Standard Contract attached as Annex 3 to this RFP:
The financial proposal shall be inclusive of all expenses deemed necessary by the Individual Consultant for the performance of the contract.
(ii) EVALUATION AND AWARD OF THE CONTRACT:
Expressions of Interest determined to be formally compliant to the requirements will be evaluated by comparison of their prices.
An Request for Proposal is considered compliant to the requirements if:
- it fulfils the formal requirements (see Paragraphs 2,3,4,5,6,7, 8 and 9 above),
- The financial proposal does not exceed the maximum available budget for the contract.
The award will be made to the applicant who obtained the highest technical score. Expressions of Interest not obtaining a minimum score of 70% will be rejected.
(iii) VALIDITY OF THE PROPOSALS:
Your Proposals should be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of deadline for submission indicated in Paragraph 6 above.
10. The assignment is expected to commence On 30th June 2019
11. Additional request for information and clarifications can be request, no later than 5 working days prior to deadline indicated in the paragraph 6 above, from:
The Procuring entity: Seychelles Bureau of Standards
Contact person: Dr. Sreekala Nair and Cindy Chang-Leng Clair
Telephone: +248 432136
ANNEX 1: Terms of Reference
ANNEX 2: Expression of Interest Forms
ANNEX 3: Standard Contract for Individual Consultants
Name: Cindy Chang-Leng
Title: TRF Project Manager