In pursuance of its mandate, the Secretariat reviewed its strategy and embarked on a restructuring exercise to align its organizational structure to the Revised Regional Indicative Strategic Development Plan (RISDP) 2015 – 2020. This resulted in new management positions created and subsequent appointments.
The Directorates of Human Resources & Administration (HRA) and Policy, Planning and Resource Mobilisation (PPRM) are coordinating the Management Retreat for scheduled for the last quarter of 2017/18 FY.
The primary purpose is to bring the management team together, facilitate team orientation, clarity of roles and responsibilities, as well as have clear understanding of SADC strategic direction and expectations from the Secretariat.
The SADC Secretariat therefore intends to engage an experienced and qualified individual consultant that has carried out similar assignments at a regional or international level, broad exposure in strategy, leadership, execution and personal mastery facilitation, with ability to engage executives professionally but challenging, to facilitate the Management Retreat
A. OBJECTIVE OF MANAGEMENT RETREAT
The objectives of management retreat are:
- To appreciate the role of leadership and personal mastery in the success of organisations and how the team can leverage these;
- To review and have a common understanding on the SADC strategic imperatives as outlined in the key strategy documents and the set priorities;
- To develop key ingredients for performance driven team through actions that can be measured and managed both at team and institutional level
The expected outcomes at the end of the retreat are:
1) Management Team Cohesiveness
2) Single SADC Secretariat Strategic Blueprint Supporting RISDP & SIPO
3) Clear measurable Change Management Framework with action plan
The participants will consist of Executive Management = 3; Directors = 10; Head of Independent Units= 5; and Head of SADC Bodies = 2. Two officers, one from PPRM and another from DHRA will provide support.
DATES & VENUE
The Retreat will take at most three (3) days, from the 29 – 31 March 2018.
The Retreat will take place in South Africa.
The individual consultant should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Demonstrated to have carried out similar assignments at a regional or international level
- Have broad exposure in strategy, leadership, execution and personal mastery facilitation;
- Ability to engage executives professionally but challenging, to facilitate the Management Retreat
- The consultant must have at least 10 years’ experience facilitating similar events.
Proposals clearly marked “Facilitation of Management Retreat – SADC/HR/01/2018” in a sealed envelope, should be submitted in our tender box located at the following address:
Plot 54385 CBD
Private Bag 0095
Attention: The Head of Procurement Unit
The deadline for submission of your Expression of Interest to the address and email indicated in Paragraph 5 and 6 above is Wednesday, 14th March 2018 at 15:00 hours local time.
More details are available on the below link: