REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS
REQUEST FOR SERVICES TITLE:
Enhancing Capacity in Excise Tax Management
PROCURING ENTITY: SEYCHELLES REVENUE COMMISSION
DATE OF ISSUE: 02nd July, 2019
1. The Seychelles Revenue Commissionis inviting Individual Consultants to submit their CV and Financial Proposal for the following services:
“ENHANCING CAPACITY IN EXCISE TAX MANAGEMENT”
The Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for these services are attached as Annex 1 to this Request for Proposals.
2. Only Individual Consultants are eligible for this assignment provided that they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
a) they are being bankrupt or wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into arrangements with creditors, have suspended business activities, are being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are being in any similar situations arising from a similar procedures provided for in the national legislation or regulations of the SADC member states;
b) they have been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which haves the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
c) they have been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which SADC Secretariat can justify;
d) they have not fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed;
e) they have been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity detrimental to the SADC Secretariat' financial interests; or
f) they are being currently subject to an administrative penalty.
3. The maximum budget for this contract is € 90, 000 (Ninety thousand euros).Proposals exceeding this budget will not be accepted.
4. Your Request for Proposals must be presented as per Standard Expression of Interest Forms attached as Annex 2 to this REOI in English language and be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents. If the supporting documents are not in English, these shall be accompanied by a certified translation into English.
5. Your proposal clearly marked “SEYCHELLES/SADC/TRF/PROJECT/SRC/05/19 - ENHANCING CAPACITY IN EXCISE TAX MANAGEMENT” in a sealed envelope, should be submitted in our tender box located at the following address:
National Tender Board
Maison de Mahe
Attention: CINDY CHANG-LENG
6. The deadline for submission of your proposal, to the addressed indicated in Paragraph 5 above, is:
23rd July 2019 @ 10:00 am local time
Late bids will be rejected.
7. Proposal submitted by E-mail are acceptable.
National Tender Board
8. Your CV will be evaluated against the following criteria.
Maximum points allocated
(i) Qualifications and skills
(ii) General Skills
(iii) Specific Experience
Only proposals scoring 70 points and above shall proceed to financial evaluation stage
9. You proposal should be submitted as per the following instructions, and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Standard Contract attached as Annex 3 to this REOI:
The financial proposal shall be inclusive of all expenses deemed necessary by the Individual Consultant for the performance of the contract.
(ii) EVALUATION AND AWARD OF THE CONTRACT:
Request for Proposals determined to be formally compliant to the requirements will be further evaluated technically.
A Request for Proposals is considered compliant to the requirements if:
- it fulfils the formal requirements (see Paragraphs 2,3,4,5,6, 7, 8 and 9 above),
- The financial proposal does not exceed the maximum available budget for the contract.
The award will be made to the applicant who obtained the highest technical score. Request for Proposals not obtaining a minimum score of 70% will be rejected.
(iii) VALIDITY OF THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
Your Expression of Interest should be valid for a period of 90 days from the date for deadline for submission indicated in Paragraph 6 above.
10. The assignment is expected to commence within six (6) months from the signature of the contract.
11. Additional request for information and clarifications can be request, no later than 5 working days prior to deadline indicated in the paragraph 6 above, from:
Procuring entity: Seychelles Revenue Commission
Contact person: Cindy Chang-Leng Clair
ANNEX 1: Terms of Reference
ANNEX 2: Request for proposal forms
ANNEX 3: Standard Contract for Individual Consultants
Name: Cindy Chang Leng Clair
Title: TRF project manager