SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
INVITATION TO PREQUALIFICATION
Reference Number: SADC/3/5/2/49
Procurement entity: The SADC Secretariat
Number and titles of lots: STRENGTHENING INSTITUTIONAL CAPACITY AND
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Maximum contract budget: USD 1,449,500
1. This INVITATION TO PREQUALIFICATION follows the General Procurement Notice that appeared on SADC Secretariat website: www.sadc.int in May 2019, DG-Market online: www.dgmarket.com of May 2019, UN Development Business online: www.devbusiness.com of May 2019.
2. The SADC Secretariat herewith invites companies/firms to submit Expressions of Interest to for the following contract(s):
STRENGTHENING INSTITUTIONAL CAPACITY AND STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT- SADC/3/5/2/49
More details on the scope of the contract(s) provided in the Prequalification Document –which can be downloaded, free of charge, from the following website: www.sadc.int
3. The INVITATION TO PREQUALIFICATION is open to all companies/firms which satisfy the eligibility and qualification requirements stated in the Prequalification Document.
4. The date and time of submission of the Expressions of Interests at the address indicated in the Prequalification Document is 30 AUGUST 2019, Time: 16:00 Hours local time. Proposals received after this time and date, or submitted otherwise than indicated in the Prequalification shall not be considered and shall be returned unopened.
All notifications concerning this procurement process, including: modification of the Prequalification Document, results of the evaluation or cancellation notices, will be published on the SADC Secretariat website: www.sadc.int.
5. Interested companies/firms may seek clarification or/and additional information concerning thiscontract, only in writing and by latest 12 AUGUST 2019, Time: 14:00 Hours local time, from the following contact points:
Head of Unit - Procurement
CBD Plot 54385
Tel: +267 395 1863
Web site: www.sadc.int
All notifications concerning this procurement process, including: modification of the Prequalification Document, results of the evaluation, shortlisting or cancellation notices, requests for clarification and the respective responses will be published on the following website: http://www.sadc.int/opportunities/procurement/open-procurement-opportunities/
6. Description of the assignment:
Short description of the assignment including more details on the scope of the contract is provided in the Prequalification Document – which can be downloaded, free of charge, from the SADC Secretariat website: www.sadc.int
The SADC Secretariat herewith invites companies/firms to submit Applications for prequalification for the following contract: STRENGTHENING INSTITUTIONAL CAPACITY AND STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT Contract No.: SADC/3/5/2/49 which will include the following key experts (KE):
KE1 – Organizational Structure and Institutional Infrastructure Expert with 300 indicative working days.
KE2 – Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring, Reporting, Project Management and Stakeholder Engagement Expert with 300 indicative working days.
The intended start date is 01 October 2019 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 Months from date of commencement.
In addition to the key experts the service contract will also include a provision for 600 days of short term expert services. The specific nature of these services will be determined during project implementation.
The procurement method used for this contract is Quality and Cost Based Selection under the International Restricted Tender as defined in the SADC Secretariat Guidelines on Procurement and Grants, January 2017 edition available on the Procurement documentation page of the SADC website.
- Prequalification Document - Instititutional capacity building - v25 JULY 2019.pdf
- Prequalification Document - Instititutional capacity building - v25 JULY 2019.docx
- Addendum No.1 to the INSTITUTIONAL CAPACITY BUILDING Prequalification Document.doc
- SADC Responses to Requests for Clarifications - CAPACITY BUILDING 19.08.2019.pdf