Reference Number: SADC/TIFI/001/06/2017 Addendum 1
Procurement entity: SADC Secretariat
Number and titles of lots: 1
Location: Botswana, Gaborone
Maximum contract budget: Euro 140,250.00
The SADC Secretariat herewith invites companies/firms to submit Expressions of Interest for the following contract: Profiling Agro Processing Industry in The SADC Region.
More details on the scope of the contract provided in the Prequalification Document which can be downloaded, free of charge, from the following website: www.sadc.int
The procurement method used for this contract is Restricted Biddingas defined in the SADC Secretariat Guidelines for Procurement and Grants, edition January 2017,available at the following website: www.sadc.int
1. The INVITATION TO PREQUALIFICATION is open to all companies/firms which satisfy the eligibility and qualification requirements stated in the Prequalification Document
2. The date and time of submission of the Expressions of Interests at the address indicated in the Prequalification Document is [6th July 2017 at 10AM]. Proposals received after this time and date, or submitted otherwise than indicated in the Prequalification Document shall not be considered and shall be returned unopened.
3. All notifications concerning this procurement process, including: modification of the Prequalification Document, results of the evaluation or cancellation notices, will be published on the following website www.sadc.int and will also be communicated directly to the bidders.
4. Interested companies/firms may seek clarification or/and additional information concerning thiscontract, only in writing and by latest 25th June 2017], from the following contact points: SADC Secretariat, Mr Mike Gift Gwaza, Acting Head of Procurement, Procurement Unit, P/Bag 0095, Gaborone, Botswana, Fax: +267-3972848 / +267-3181070, Telephone: +267-3951863 / +267-3641842, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. In accordance with the revised RISDP Implementation Framework, which calls for the development and implementation of agricultural value chains and against the background that there is the need to first scope the industry and assess different long-term scenarios, the objective of this study is two-fold:
a. Provide a comprehensive description of the exiting agro-processing and related agri-business industry in the SADC region; and
b.Develop a long-term outlook for the SADC agro-processing industry by assessing opportunities and risks for the SADC agro-processing industry in the global, continental and SADC regional context (demand, supply and political economy dynamics) and provide a risk and opportunity outlook that can serve as a basis for developing value chain assessments and strategies (the development of the strategies is not subject to these terms). This shall consist of a number of individual SWOT analyses as well as an overall long-term outlook derived from the SWTO analyses.
More details can be found on the below link: