SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
INVITATION TO PREQUALIFICATION
Procurement entity: The Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat:
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Number and titles of lots: One Lot - TECHNICAL ASSISSTANCE TO THE SADC SECRETARIAT ON TRADE FACILITATION PROGRAMME
Reference Number: SADC/3/5/1/12
Maximum contract budget: USD 8,347,880
1. This INVITATION TO PREQUALIFICATION follows the General Procurement Notice that appeared on SADC Secretariat website: www.sadc.int in May 2019, DG-Market online: www.dgmarket.com of May 2019, UN Development Business online: www.devbusiness.com of May 2019.
2. The SADC Secretariat herewith invites companies/firms to submit Expressions of Interest to for the following contract(s):
TECHNICAL ASSISSTANCE TO THE SADC SECRETARIAT ON TRADE FACILITATION PROGRAMME - SADC/3/5/1/12
The procurement method used for this contract is Quality and Cost Based Selection under the International Restricted Tender as defined in the SADC Secretariat Guidelines on Procurement and Grants, January 2017 edition available on the Procurement documentation page of the SADC website.
More details on the scope of the contract(s) provided in the Prequalification Document –which can be downloaded, free of charge, from the following website: https://sadc.int/opportunities/procurement/open-procurement-opportunities/
3. The INVITATION TO PREQUALIFICATION is open to all companies/firms which satisfy the eligibility and qualification requirements stated in the Prequalification Document.
4. The date and time of submission of the Expressions of Interests at the address indicated in the Prequalification Document is 26TH NOVEMBER 2019,Time: 15:00 Hours local time. Proposals received after this time and date, or submitted otherwise than indicated in the Prequalification shall not be considered and shall be returned unopened.
All notifications concerning this procurement process, including: modification of the Prequalification Document, results of the evaluation or cancellation notices, will be published on the SADC Secretariat website:
5. Interested companies/firms may seek clarification or/and additional information concerning thiscontract, only in writing and by latest 5TH November 2019, Time: 14:00 Hours local time, from the following contact points:
Head of Unit - Procurement
CBD Plot 54385
Tel: +267 395 1863
Web site: www.sadc.int
All notifications concerning this procurement process, including: modification of the Prequalification Document, results of the evaluation, shortlisting or cancellation notices, requests for clarification and the respective responses will be published on the following website: https://sadc.int/opportunities/procurement/open-procurement-opportunities/
6. Description of the assignment:
The SADC Secretariat herewith invites companies/firms to submit Applications for prequalification for the following contract: TECHNICAL ASSISSTANCE TO THE SADC SECRETARIAT ON TRADE FACILITATION PROGRAMME - SADC/3/5/1/12 which will include the following key experts (KE):
KE1 – TFP Programme Coordinator - 880 indicative working days
KE2 – Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) Expert- 600 indicative working days
KE3 – Customs Expert – Time Release Study - 320 indicative working days
The Key Experts must be willing to work in Gaborone, Botswana and be able to travel in the SADC Member States when required.
The intended start date is 01 March 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 40 Months from date of commencement.
In addition to the key experts the service contract will also include a provision for 4,575 days of short-term expert services. The specific nature of these services will be determined during project implementation.