REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS: FOR DEVELOPMENT OF POSITION PAPER TO INFORM THE DEVELOPMENT OF A Southern africaN development community (SADC) Fourth industrial revolution strategy
REFERENCE NUMBER: SADC /3/5/2/81
18th March 2019
1. The SADC Secretariat is inviting Individual Consultants to submit their CV and Financial Proposal for the following services:
“SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS:
SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS: FOR DEVELOPMENT OF POSITION PAPER TO INFORM THE DEVELOPMENT OF A Southern africaN development community (SADC) Fourth industrial revolution strategy’’
The Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for these services are attached as Annex 1 to this Request for Expression of Interest.
2. Only Individual Consultants are eligible for this assignment provided that they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
a) they are not bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into arrangements with creditors, have suspended business activities, are being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are being in any similar situations arising from similar procedures provided for in the national legislation or regulations of the SADC member states;
b) they have not been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which has the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
c) they have not been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which SADC Secretariat can justify;
d) they have fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed;
e) they have not been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organization or any other illegal activity detrimental to the SADC Secretariat' financial interests; or
f) they are not being currently subject to an administrative penalty.
3. The maximum budget for this contract is US$ US$ 8,000.00 inclusive of professional fees and reimbursable expenses. Proposals exceeding this budget will not be accepted.
4. Your Expression of Interest must be presented as per Standard Expression of Interest Forms attached as Annex 2 to this REOI, in the English language and be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents. If the supporting documents are not in English, these shall be accompanied by a certified translation into English.
5. Your proposal in a sealed envelope clearly marked “SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS:
FOR DEVELOPMENT OF POSITION PAPER TO INFORM THE DEVELOPMENT OF A Southern africaN development community (SADC) Fourth industrial revolution strategy
should be submitted in our tender box located at the followingaddress:
Secretary to the Tender Committee
Plot 54385 CBD
Private Bag 0095
6. The deadline for submission of your proposal, to the address indicated in Paragraph 5 above, is: Monday , 30th March 2020at 14:30hrs local time.
7. Proposals submitted by E-mail are acceptable and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline in Para 6 above
8. Your CV will be evaluated against the following criteria.
Education and Training
9. Your proposal should be submitted as per the following instructions and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Standard Contract attached as Annex 3 to this REOI:
The financial proposal shall be inclusive of all expenses deemed necessary by the Individual Consultant for the performance of the contract.
(ii) EVALUATION AND AWARD OF THE CONTRACT:
Expressions of Interest determined to be formally compliant to the requirements will be further evaluated technically.
An Expression of Interest is considered compliant to the requirements if:
- It fulfils the formal requirements (see Paragraphs 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 above),
- The financial proposal (professional fees) does not exceed the maximum available budget for the contract as indicated under Para 3.
The award will be made to the applicant who obtained the highest technical score and with the financial offer (professional fees) within the budget as indicated under Para 3. Expressions of Interest not obtaining a minimum technical score of 70% will be rejected.
(iii) VALIDITY OF THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
Your Expression of Interest should be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of deadline for submission indicated in Paragraph 6 above.
10. The assignment is expected to commence within two (2) weeks from the signature of the contract.
11. Additional requests for information and clarifications can be made until 7 calendar days prior to deadline indicated in the paragraph 6 above, from:
The Procuring entity: SADC Secretariat
Contact person: Mr. Anneline Morgan
Telephone: +267 364 1966
E-mail: email@example.com Copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
All responses to requests for clarifications made will be posted on the SADC Secretariat’s website at the latest 3 calendar days before the deadline for submission of the proposals.
ANNEX 1: Terms of Reference
ANNEX 2: Expression of Interest Forms
ANNEX 3: Standard Contract for Individual Consultants
Title: Head of Procurement Unit