REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
SELECTION OF AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT: TO CONDUCT A REGIONAL INVENTORY ON SEXUAL AND GENDER BASED VIOLANCE LEGISLATION IN SADC REGION
- The SADC Secretariat is inviting Individual Consultants to submit their CV and Financial Proposal for the following services:
“INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT: TO CONDUCT A REGIONAL INVENTORY ON SEXUAL AND GENDER BASED VIOLENCE LEGISLATION IN SADC REGION
The Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for these services are attached as Annex 1 to this Request for Expression of Interest.
2. Only Individual Consultants are eligible for this assignment provided that they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
a) they are not bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into arrangements with creditors, have suspended business activities, are being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are being in any similar situations arising from similar procedures provided for in the national legislation or regulations of the SADC member states;
b) they have not been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which has the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
c) they have not been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which SADC Secretariat can justify;
d) they have fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed;
e) they have not been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organization or any other illegal activity detrimental to the SADC Secretariat' financial interests; or
f) they are not being currently subject to an administrative penalty.
3. The maximum budget for this contract is US 24,500.00 inclusive of professional fees and reimbursable expenses. Proposals exceeding this budget will not be accepted.
4. Your Expression of Interest must be presented as per Standard Expression of Interest Forms attached as Annex 2 to this REOI, in the English language and be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents. If the supporting documents are not in English, these shall be accompanied by a certified translation into English.
5. Your proposal in a sealed envelope clearly marked “INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT: TO CONDUCT A REGIONAL INVENTORY ON SEXUAL AND GENDER BASED VIOLANCE LEGISLATION IN SADC REGION
should be submitted in our tender box located at the followingaddress:
Secretary to the Tender Committee
Plot 54385 CBD
Private Bag 0095
6. The deadline for submission of your proposal, to the address indicated in Paragraph 5 above, is: Tuesday, 27th August 2019 at 14:30hrs local time.
7. Proposals submitted by E-mail are acceptable and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline in Para 6 above