REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
FOR SADC MANAGEMENT RETREAT FACILITATOR
REFERENCE NUMBER: SADC/3/5/2/101
1. The SADC Secretariat is inviting Individual Consultants to submit their CV and Financial Proposal for the following services:
“CONSULTANCY FOR SADC MANAGEMENT RETREAT FACILITATOR’’
The Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for these services are attached as Annex 1 to this Request for Expression of Interest.
2. Only Individual Consultants are eligible for this assignment provided that they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
a) they are not bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into arrangements with creditors, have suspended business activities, are being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are being in any similar situations arising from similar procedures provided for in the national legislation or regulations of the SADC member states;
b) they have not been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which has the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
c) they have not been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which SADC Secretariat can justify;
d) they have fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed;
e) they have not been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity detrimental to the SADC Secretariat' financial interests; or
f) they are not being currently subject to an administrative penalty.
3. The maximum budget for this contract is US $US$10,000.00 inclusive of professional fees and reimbursable expenses. Proposals exceeding this budget will not be accepted.
4. Your Expression of Interest must be presented as per Standard Expression of Interest Forms attached as Annex 2 to this REOI, in the English language and be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents. If the supporting documents are not in English, these shall be accompanied by a certified translation into English.
5. Your proposal in a sealed envelope clearly marked
“REFERENCE NUMBER: SADC3/5/2/101 CONSULTANCY FOR SADC MANAGEMENT RETREAT FACILLITATOR ’’
should be submitted in the tender box located at the following address:
Secretary to the Tender Committee
Plot 54385 CBD
Private Bag 0095
6. The deadline for submission of your proposal, to the address indicated in Paragraph 5 above, is Monday 16th March 2020 at 15:00hours local time
7. Proposals submitted by E-mail are acceptable and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline in Para 6 above
8. Your CV will be evaluated against the following criteria.
Education and Training
9. Your proposal should be submitted as per the following instructions and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Standard Contract attached as Annex 3 to this REOI:
The financial proposal shall be inclusive of all expenses deemed necessary by the Individual Consultant for the performance of the contract.
(ii) EVALUATION AND AWARD OF THE CONTRACT:
Expressions of Interest determined to be formally compliant to the requirements will be further evaluated technically.
An Expression of Interest is considered compliant to the requirements if:
- It fulfils the formal requirements (see Paragraphs 2,3,4,5,6, 7, 8 and 9 above),
- The financial proposal (professional fees) does not exceed the maximum available budget for the contract as indicated under Para 3.
The award will be made to the applicant who obtained the highest technical score and with the financial offer (professional fees) within the budget as indicated under Para 3. Expressions of Interest not obtaining a minimum technical score of 70% will be rejected.
Expressions of Interest determined to be formal and technically compliant to the requirement will be evaluated by comparison of their Technical and Financial proposal/prices. An Expression of Interest is considered compliant to the requirements if it fulfils the formal requirements (see Paragraphs 2, 3,4,5,6 and 7 above), and has received a minimum 70% of the technical scores at the technical evaluation.
The lowest Financial Proposal (Fm) will be given a financial score (Sf) of 100 points. The financial scores (Sf) of the other Financial Proposals will be computed as indicated in the Data Sheet. Proposals will be ranked according to their combined technical (St) and financial (Sf) scores using the weights (T = the weight given to the Technical Proposal; P = the weight given to the Financial Proposal;
T + P = 1).The formular used to determe the proposal achieving the highest combined technical and financial scores; .
The firm achieving the highest combined technical and financial score will be awarded the contract
(iii) VALIDITY OF THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
Your Expression of Interest should be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of deadline for submission indicated in Paragraph 6 above.
10. The assignment is expected to commence within one (1) week from the signature of the contract.
11. Additional requests for information and clarifications can be made until 10 calendar days prior to deadline indicated in the paragraph 6 above, from:
The Procuring entity: SADC Secretariat
Contact person: Andreas Mwoombora
Telephone: +267 364 1989 / 3951863
The answer on the questions received will be sent to the Consultant and all questions received as well as the answer(s) to them will be posted on the SADC Secretariat’s website at the latest 7 calendar days before the deadline for submission of the proposals.
ANNEX 1: Terms of Reference
ANNEX 2: Expression of Interest Forms
ANNEX 3: Standard Contract for Individual Consultants
Name: Veronica Zulu Chingalawa
Title: Head of Procurement Unit