REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
COUNTRY: SADC Region
NAME OF PROJECT: Southern African Power Pool Program for Accelerating Transformational Energy Projects Grant No.: H9890
Assignment Title: Project Administration Officer
The World Bank is preparing a Program with the Southern Africa Power Pool (SAPP) to help accelerate preparation of priority regional power generation and transmission projects in the region of the Southern African Power Pool. The Program Development Objective is “to facilitate the preparation of priority regional energy projects in the Southern African Power Pool region”.
As part of this initiative, the SADC Secretariat through SAPP intends to procure the services of the technical experts on energy infrastructure projects to support and be part of the Directorate of Infrastructure for a period of up to 3 years.
Scope of work
Reporting to the Coordinator/ Project Transaction Advisor and working alongside colleagues in the Directorate of Infrastructure at SADC Secretariat, the Project Administration Officer (PAO) will be responsible for providing support to the Technical Experts working on preparation, development, financing, and implementation of regional energy projects by SADC Secretariat. The deliverables will include, but not limited to:
(i) provide secretarial and administrative functions, organize project events, perform procurement and support overall programme planning and activities; and
(ii) handle management of budgets, procurement, processing expenses, formatting and proofreading documents, coordinating and booking travel, scheduling meetings, coordinating meetings and events, and researching and preparing materials.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree covering administration, project management / business management / or related discipline with at least 5 years’ experience managing development assistance projects. A Master’s degree will be added advantage;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Computer proficiency with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, and Power Point and familiarity with data base management programmes;
- Knowledge of project management software like MS Project
- Experience in organizing high level events such as investor forums, presidential event, ministers meeting and others;
- Flexibility and willingness to work in high pressure environment;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities;
- At least 5 years’ project management experience on a regional project funded by a major donor such as WB, EU, AfDB, GIZ, USAID or multilateral institutions such as UN etc;
- Previous experience with World Bank programmes will be an added advantage; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. A good working knowledge of Portuguese and French languages will be an added advantage.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consulting method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained through email during office hours from Monday to Friday [ 09:00 to 16:00 hours].
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the email address below by 05 June, 2020 at 15:00 hours Central African time and mention "Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services for the Project Administration Officer “
Address and Contact:
Southern African Power Pool
Attention: Thembekani Luthuli, SAPP-PAU Procurement Specialist
Tel: +27 10 446 9600
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org