SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
INVITATION TO BID
Reference Number: SADC/3/2/217
Procurement entity: The Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat
Number and titles of lots: N/A
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Maximum contract budget: US$20,000
1. This IVITATION TO BID follows the General Procurement Notice that appeared on SADC Secretariat website February 2022.
2. The Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat herewith invites companies/firms to submit Bids for the following contract: PROVISION OF FRAUD HOTLINE AND MANAGEMENT SERVICES.
More details on the scope of the contract(s) provided in the Bidding Documents which can be downloaded, free of charge, from the following website: http://www.sadc.int/opportunities/procurement/open-procurement-opportunities
The procurement method used for this contract is Negotiated Bidding as defined in the SADC Secretariat Guidelines for Procurement and Grants, edition November 2020,available at the following website: Procurement documentation page of the SADC Secretariat website.
3. The INVITATION TO BID is open to all companies/firms which satisfy the eligibility and qualification requirements stated in the Bidding Documents
4. The date and time of submission of the Bids at the address indicated in the Bidding Documents is 11th March 2022, Time:10:00Hours local time. Bids received after this time and date, or submitted otherwise than indicated in the Bidding Documents shall not be considered and shall be returned unopened.
All notifications concerning this procurement process, including: modification of the Bidding Documents, results of the evaluation or cancellation notices, will be published on the following website http://www.sadc.int/opportunities/procurement/open-procurement-opportunities and will also be communicated directly to the bidders.
5. Interested companies/firms may seek clarification or/and additional information concerning thiscontract, only in writing and by latest 03rd March 2022, Time:14:00Hours local time, from the following contact points:
Ag. Senior Officer-Procurement
CBD Plot 54385
Tel: +267 395 1863
6. The Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat, Maria Mosupyoe, Senior Officer-Risk, Internal Audit and Risk Management Directoratre. P/Bag 0095, Gaborone, Botswana, fax: +267 318 1070, telephone: +267 395 1863 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. In March 2021 the Council of Ministers at its meeting held virtually, approved the SADC Secretariat Policy and Procedures for Management Fraud and Corruption.
The Policy and Policy objectives are to:
(i) create an environment within the Secretariat where employees and stakeholders behave ethically and morally in their dealings with or on behalf of the Secretariat;
(ii) encourage employees and stakeholders to strive towards the prevention and detection of fraud and corruption affecting, or having the potential to affect the Secretariat’s affairs;
(iii) encourage employees and stakeholders to report suspicions of fraudulent and corrupt activities without fear of reprisals or recrimination; and
(iv) allocate responsibility, accountability and authority for management of fraud and corruption.
Paragraph 7.2.5 of the Policy and Procedures for Management of Fraud and Corruption allows for external reporting though utilization of the Fraud and Corruption Hotline for whistle-blowers who wish to keep their identity anonymous.
- FRAUD HOTLINE - SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE - SPN - RELAUNCH FEBRUARY 2022.doc
- FRAUD HOTLINE - SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE - PDF - RELAUNCH FEBRUARY 2022.pdf
- FRAUD HOTLINE - REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS - WORD - RELAUNCH - FEBRUARY 2022.doc
- FRAUD HOTLINE - REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS - PDF - RELAUNCH - FEBRUARY 2022.pdf
- FRAUD HOTLINE - CLARIFICATIONS MARCH 2022.pdf
- FRAUD HOTLINE - ADDENDUM CLARIFICATIONS - MARCH 2022.pdf