REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
JOB TITLE: PROJECT COORDINATOR
PROJECT: MACROECONOMIC STABILITY AND FINANCIAL INTEGRATION PROJECT IN SOUTHERN AFRICA DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY
Reference Number: SADC/3/5/2/222
Procurement entity: SADC SECRETARIAT
Number and titles of lots:1
1. The Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat has received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Macroeconomic Convergence and Financial Integration Project and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract for a Project Coordinator.
2. As part of implementation of the Project, SADC Secretariat is recruiting a Project Coordinator. SADC Secretariat hereby invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in the following Assignment: Project Coordinator.
3. Objective of the assignment:
The Project Coordinator shall coordinate and manage the implementation of. This will include providing operational oversight, financial management, procurement, reporting and communication with the SADC Secretariat and the African Development Bank.
4. Scope of Works
The Project Coordinator will carry out the following specific tasks:
- Manage the project throughout its lifecycle; document and report on key deliverables to relevant stakeholders;
- Strategically and effectively manage all activities and resources relating to the SADC-AfDB Project on Macroeconomic Stability and Financial Integration Project in Southern Africa Development Community;
- Provide an overall leadership role, technical guidance to Member States and SADC Secretariat staff;
- Ensure quality and timely achievement of results relating to SADC-AfDB Project on Macroeconomic Stability and Financial Integration Project in Southern Africa Development Community. This will include proper project reporting, development and implementing project work plan;
- Develop, implement and manage the project work plan, budget, procurement plan and meetings with stakeholders;
- Ensure coordination and synergy with other SADC related initiatives to maximize impact;
- Organize and prepare submissions for the project Technical and Steering Committee meetings; and
- Provide regular progress reports on the project to various SADC Policy and Technical structures and the African Development Bank, throughout the life of the Project.
5. Duration and Timetable for the Assignment
Contract duration will be thirty-six (36) months. The Project Coordinator will be expected to start work in March 2022. The Directorate of FIC will oversee the implementation of the assignment.
6. Deliverables Expected
(i) Inception Report: on assumption of duty the Project Coordinator shall produce an Inception Report for review by the Director for Human and Social Development. The Inception Report shall outline in detail the proposed approach to execute the key functions, the priorities for the duration of the assignment and expected deliverables.
(ii) Monthly and Quarterly reports on the performance of the project (using SADC Project Management Format); and
(iii) Annual Report (at the end of the assignment), which will also serve as the End of Project Report.
7. Qualifications and Experience
The Project Coordinator will possess the following qualifications:
(i) The candidate should have at least a Master’s Degree in a field such as economics, finance, banking, management or any relevant social sciences from recognized universities.
(ii) Must have at least 8 years’ experience working in macroeconomic, financial/banking programmes as well as project management in Africa.
(iii) A good understanding of the macroeconomic and financial sector including capital markets in Africa.
(iv) Proven experience of working with intergovernmental organizations and government officials in the Southern African region.
(v) Has previous experience working with multilateral development institutions in implementing donor-funded projects.
(vi) Have a sound understanding of development projects and highly knowledgeable of Africa’s financial and economic development issues, and challenges.
(vii) Proven capability, and experience in crafting high-level strategy, documents, result based reports.
(viii) Must be conversant with the African Development Bank’s project cycle activities.
(ix) Must be computer literate, demonstrate data management and analytical skills and data analysis savvy.
(x) Should have excellent communication skills and be proficient in both written and spoken English as well as excellent presentation skills.
(xi) Ability to work independently and participate in a team-based environment.
(xii) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team-oriented work style, interest and experience of working in public sector and development projects.
(xiii) Ability to telework and willingness to travel to project countries for short-term missions – when necessary.
(xiv) Proactive, self-starting, with a positive and constructive attitude towards getting things done.
8. Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in
accordance with the African Development Bank’s Procurement Framework, dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org. A shortlist of three to six individual consultants will be established after the deadline of the request for expressions of interest. The consultants on the shortlist will be judged on the following criteria based on their updated resume.
Total Points (%)
Qualifications (education and professional)
General and Specific Experience
Skills and competencies (computer literacy, organisational skills, etc)
9. Interested Individual consultants may obtain further information at the address below
during office hours 08h00hours 16h30hours Central African Time (CAT), Botswana time.
10. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by Monday, 7 March
2022 at 15h00 hours Botswana time and mention: PROJECT COORDINATOR FOR MACROECONOMIC STABILITY AND FINANCIAL INTEGRATION PROJECT IN SADC PROJECT.
11. Expressions of interest must be submitted electronically via this email:: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 7th March 2022 at 15:00 hours Botswana local time and mention “PROJECT COORDINATOR”.
The Procuring entity: SADC Secretariat
Contact person: Acting Head of Procurement
Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat
Plot 54385 New CBD
Private Bag 0095
Telephone: +267 3951863
Fax: +267 3972848