PROGRAMME FOR IMPROVING FISHERIES GOVERNANCE AND BLUE ECONOMY TRADE CORRIDORS IN SADC REGION (PROFISHBLUE)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
PROCUREMENT EXPERT (Individual consultant)
Grant No.: 2100155041084
Date: 13th January 20221. The Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat has received financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB), being a grant under the African Development Fund (ADF) to finance the “Programme for Improving Fisheries Governance and Blue Economy Trade Corridors in SADC region” (PROFISHBLUE). The Secretariat plans to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract for PROCUREMENT EXPERT.
3. Scope of Work:
- The Procurement Expert will be part of the Project Team working on the implementation of the Project’s activities and will assume ongoing activities including activities yet to be initiated;
- Develop a comprehensive list of all acquisitions of goods and services provided on the financing of the Project for all components;
- Follow up with recipients of technical services for the acquisition of the unit or Project coordination, preparation and finalization of Terms of Reference (TOR) for the procurement of consultancy service, and technical specifications for goods and works;
- Complete records of tender and requests for proposals (based on the models provided by the AfDB) to be subjected to no objection from the Bank and ensure their transmission;
- Proceed with the launch of tenders (if applicable to the call for expressions of interest or screening), in the manner agreed in the grant agreement;
- Ensure proper management of calls for tender;
- Supervise and monitor the evaluation of bids and proposals received;
- Prepare contracts, after obtaining no-objection if it is required, and ensure their signatures by persons qualified to do so;
- Plan, prepare and coordinate the timing of acquisition of consulting services and goods and works as appropriate;
- Prepare reports of activities prescribed by the manual of procedures for acquisition, but also any other reports related to the Project;
- Develop, maintain and update the procurement plan on a model consistent with AfDB procedures, including the provisional estimate, in the Protocol of Agreement signed between AfDB and SADC;
- Implement activities in accordance with the approved Procurement Plan; and
- Participate in committees receiving supplies, works and services, and to ensure that these goods and services received comply with contract specifications.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in procurement, supply chain management, engineering, administration, law or any other relevant field;
- Post graduate training in procurement or related subject, or equivalent by experience;
- Professional procurement qualification, e.g. CIPS or equivalent; added advantage
- At least 8 years relevant demonstrable working experience as a Procurement Officer, of which three (3) years continuous experience in procurement management in an international organisation and donor funded projects;
- Specific experience in AfDB or World Bank procurement procedures will be a distinct advantage;
- Knowledge of AfDB and World Bank Procurement Guidelines as well as SADC procurement procedures and documentation will be an added advantage;
- Computer literacy and competence: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point;
- Excellent analytical skills and report writing.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills;
- Experience in dealing with senior business executives and government officials; and
- Good team player while being independent and able to work autonomously.
6. Consultants will be Evaluated basing on criteria below:
Level of education in general
Educational level compared to the field of mission
Years of experience in general
Number of years of experience relevant to the mission
Only applicants scoring 75 points and above shall be considered for the shortlist. Not more than two (2) candidates from the same country shall be short-listed. All the consultants shall be ranked and the highest ranked consultant will be selected for the said assignment if agreement is reached on the price and other terms of the ensuing contract.
7. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Botswana time.
8. Expressions of interest must be submitted electronically via this email:email@example.com by Monday 31st January 2022 at 3:00pm local time and mention “Procurement Expert”.
Attn: Acting Senior Procurement Officer The Procuring entity: SADC Secretariat
Contact person: Acting Head of Procurement
Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat Plot 54385 New CBD
Private Bag 0095 Gaborone, BOTSWANA
Telephone: +267 3951863
Fax: +267 3972848