SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
INVITATION TO PREQUALIFICATION
Reference Number: SADC/3/5/2/100
Procurement entity: The Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat
Number and titles of lots: Single lot
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Maximum contract budget: US$250,000.00
1. This INVITATION TO PREQUALIFICATION follows the General Procurement Notice that appeared on SADC Secretariat website May 2019, DG-Market online of May 2019 and UN Development Business online of May 2019.
2. The Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat herewith invites companies/firms to submit Expressions of Interest to for the following contract(s): TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO SADC SECRETARIAT ON RECRUITMENT SERVICES.
More details on the scope of the contract(s) provided in the Prequalification Document which can be downloaded, free of charge, from the following website: www.sadc.int.
3. The procurement method used for this contract is Quality and Cost Based Selection as defined in the SADC Secretariat Guidelines for Procurement and Grants, edition of January 2017,available at the following website: www.sadc.int.
4. The INVITATION TO PREQUALIFICATION is open to all companies/firms which satisfy the eligibility and qualification requirements stated in the Prequalification Document
5. The date and time of submission of the Expressions of Interests at the address indicated in the Prequalification Document is 3rd August 2020 at 15:00 hours local time. Proposals received after this time and date, or submitted otherwise than indicated in the Prequalification Document shall not be considered.
All notifications concerning this procurement process, including: modification of the Prequalification Document, results of the evaluation or cancellation notices, will be published on the following website www.sadc.intand will also be communicated directly to the bidders.
6. Interested companies/firms may seek clarification or/and additional information concerning thiscontract, only in writing and by latest 13th July 2020 at 15:00 hours local time, through the following email:
Att: Mrs. Veronica Zulu Chingalawa,
Acting Head of Procurement,
SADC Secretariat SADC Secretariat
CBD Plot 54385
Tel: +267 395 1863
7. The purpose of this contract is as follows:
i) Complete the recruitment of vacant positions;
ii) Screen and shortlist job applicants for the positions,
iii) Matching the skills, competences, qualifications and experience of applicants with position descriptions, job requirements and competencies and person specifications,
iv) Prepare short-list of job applicants (four per position). A shortlist report is to be prepared reporting the process, indicating shortlisted candidates and summarizing results of screening to ascertain shortlisted candidates.
v) Support the Secretariat and the Recruitment committees in the assessment of the short-listed candidates in order to select the best candidate.
vi) Assessing and interviewing short-listed candidates using job-aptitude and skill assessment tests to ascertain competency and suitability for the job requirements.
A report is to be submitted indicating preferred and recommended candidates for approval.