AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK GROUP
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
TRIPARTITE CAPACITY BUILDING PROGRAMME (TCBP) - II
Individual Consultant – Programme Coordinator
The Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) has received financing from the African Development Bank towards the cost of the Tripartite Capacity Building Programme (TCBP) - II, and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract for Consultancy for the services of a Programme Coordinator to bebased at COMESA Secretariat, Lusaka, Zambia.
The Programme Coordinator is required to coordinate implementation of the TCBP-II programme.
The Specific objectives of the consultancy are:
- Provision of oversight and execution of the TCBP-II Programme;
- Provision of technical and advisory support to Tripartite related processes that impinge on the TCBP-II;
- Ensuring that timelines and the TCBP-II work programme are implemented expeditiously;
- Preparation of work-plans, monthly and quarterly progress reports;
- Provision of technical assistance to the T-RECs in assessing needs for technical studies for eligible funding under the TCBP-II;
- Work closely with the Programme Executing Agency (COMESA Secretariat) and AfDB on procurement and budget processes;
- Supervise staff and consultants recruited and funded under the TCBP-II programme;
- Provide relevant information that would facilitate monitoring and evaluation of the TCBP-II.
The candidate should have:
(a) A Post graduate qualification in Economics, International Trade Law, or related fields.
(b) At least six (6) years’ work experience in the area of Trade Policy, four (4) of which must have been attained in the Tripartite COMESA-EAC-SADC or Regional Economic Cooperation (REC) setting.
(c) Hands-on experience in coordination and/or management of Tripartite related projects/programmes
(d) Excellent analytical and report writing skills and ability to produce high quality reports, (As evidenced by publications in refereed sources).
(e) Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
(f) Be a national of a Tripartite COMESA-EAC-SADC Member/Partner State.
The Bank, in collaboration with the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services for a duration of Twenty-Four (24) months. Interested consultants must provide information through their Curriculum Vitae indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.).
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” May 2008, Revised July 2012, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday, 08:00 hours to 17:30 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by 25th August, 2020 at 17:30hrs, Lusaka Time (C.A.T) and mention “EOI – Programme Coordinator”.
The Chairman – Procurement Committee
Ben Bella Road
P.O. Box 30051
Tel: (260) 211 229725.
Fax: (260) 211 225107