CALL FOR APPLICATION FOR INCLUSION IN THE SADC RPTC FACILITATORS DATABASEFOR THE PROVISION OF TRAINING FACILITATION SERVICES.
The Southern African Development Community (SADC) currently has sixteen Member States with a population of approximately 277 million people and a combined GDP of USD 575.5 billion (2010). The Southern African Development Community (SADC) is comprised of Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe. The overall objective of SADC is to achieve development and economic growth, which is to be attained through increased regional integration, built on democratic principles and equitable and sustainable development.
The Southern African Development Community Regional Peacekeeping Training Centre (SADC RPTC) is located in Marlborough, Harare, with Headquarters at SADC Secretariat and falling under the Directorate for Politics, Defence and Security Cooperation. The Centre was established as a Centre of excellence for the Southern African region for training future African peacekeepers according to International Standards, in readiness for their deployment in peacekeeping missions. Its mission is clearly to promote regional cooperation in peace and security amongst SADC Member States; and to develop and deliver peacekeeping training in line with the Southern African Development Community, African Union and United Nations standards.
The core business of SADC RPTC is to provide training for Peace Support Operations in the region towards the realisation of the SADC agenda for peace as set out in the Revised Strategic Indicative Plan for the Organ - Revised SIPO (2010) and the Revised RISDP (April 2015). The focal areas of action of the Centre are to:
- Build the capacity of SADC at the regional level to participate in Peace Keeping/ Peace Support Operations by fulfilling the training needs of the SADC Standby Force, in all components namely civilian, military and police components.
- Address SADC training needs for deployment in line with the AU and UN standards.
- Move in step with contemporary dynamics and trends away from traditional methods of Peace Keeping towards becoming an exemplary model institution providing training for multi-dimensional Peace Support Operations.
- To promote regional cooperation in peace and security amongst SADC Member States
- To build capacity in conflict prevention and conflict management, including Peace Support Operations
- To train peacekeeping practitioners and provide training, enabling all SADC Member States to take part in Peace Support Operations
- To assist planning for SADC peacekeeping exercises and operations
- To develop and deliver peacekeeping training in line with African Union and United Nations standards.
SADC RPTC vision is to be a reputable and responsive Centre of Excellence in the training and development of capabilities in Peacekeeping/ Peace Support training in the SADC Region, whilst our mission is to design, provide and coordinate peacekeeping/ peace support training in the SADC Region as mandated by the organ on Politics, Defence and Security Cooperation, and in line with AU and UN standards.
In line with this, Southern African Development Community Regional Peace Keeping Training centre (SADC RPTC) hereby invites facilitators to apply by expressing their interest in being considered for inclusion on the facilitators database for the following courses:
- Protection of Civilian Course
- Civilian Foundation Course
- Integrated Mission Planning Course
- Integrated Mission Support Course
- Integrated Mission Operational Commander Course
- Integrated Trainers of Trainer Course
- Integrated Senior Mission Leaders Course
- Civil Military Relations Course (CIMIC)
Applicants are being advised to indicate the courses you are interested in.
Facilitators who are already in the RPTC Peacekeeping database are also required to re-apply.
The courses are aimed at enhancing participants understanding of essential knowledge, skills and altitudes required for effective planning and coordination of mission support to integrated multidimensional Peace Support operations with the view to broaden the operational command capacities of the SADC Standby Force at Regional and Member States levels.
Courses scheduled to run for minimum of two (02) weeks duration. However, extension of the duration might be made on extreme circumstances depending on resources availability and the level of the knowledge of facilitators although the standard 2 weeks set will be adequate to attain the course objectives.
Facilitators should demonstrate profound knowledge and expertise drawn from the Region as these courses provides a platform or the participants to share best practice and experiences. The courses are highly interactive and participants will be accorded an opportunity to share experiences and the facilitator as the Regional expert would provide the coaching and mentoring pertinent to multidimensional training.
The courses are targeted at all components of multidimensional Peace Support Operations namely, Civilian, Military and Police including Corrections. The courses are at Senior and Middle Management levels and draw participants from all SADC Member States.
Prospective facilitators with relevant qualifications, competencies and experience detailed as follows should submit their resume:
- Possess relevant academic qualifications related to the field of peace and security, a minimum of an undergraduate degree or seven years continuous experience in the training for peace missions.
- Have a track record proving subject matter expertise in Integrated Operational Command, preferably Peace Support Operations (PSO) Mission training experience.
- Have ability to plan and manage training at middle and senior management level.
- Understanding of continental and regional dynamics in as far as Peace Support Operations missions are concerned. This includes the AU PSO Doctrine and relevant SADC planning processes.
- Possession of interpersonal and computer skills relevant at senior level of training, including evaluation and report writing.
Please attach the following information along with the EOI:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Work
- Full address
- Email address and phone numbers
- Banking details with the swift code
The application in sealed envelopes should addressed to the undersigned bearing the subject “CALL FOR APPLICATION FOR INCLUSION IN THE SADC RPTC FACILITATORS DATABASE FOR THE PROVISION OF FACILITATING SERVICES - ……………………………. (state Course(s)” must be submitted via email to email@example.com
All submissions should be received by the25th March 2020 before 10:30 hours.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, neither will submissions received via telephone, fax, telex or facsimile.
Applications(s) by E-mail are acceptable, using firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants with the above stated attachments and SADC Citizens will be considered for inclusion in the SADC RPTC Facilitators Database.
The SADC RPTC reserves the right to reject any application not deemed suitable for inclusion in the Database and has no obligation to award contracts to any successful applicant upon inclusion in the Database.
The Commandant SADC - RPTC
Attention: Procurement Office
Private Bag 7735