REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS/CONTRACTORS/CONSULTANCY FIRMS
REFERENCE NUMBER: E8-CONS-001/2021.
REQUEST FOR SERVICES TITLE: CONSULTANT FOR GLOBAL FUND GRANT PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT FOR REGIONAL MALARIA ELIMINATION INITIATIVE
1. The SADC Malaria Elimination Eight Secretariat (E8 Secretariat)is inviting Individual Consultants/Contractors to submit their CV and Financial Proposal for the following services:
Grant proposal development for submission to the global fund to motivate for funds for implementing activities for the regional malaria elimination initiative in the SADC E8 countries
The Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for these services are attached as Annex 1 to this Request for Proposal.
2. Consultants/Contractors are eligible for this assignment provided that they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
a) they are not bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into arrangements with creditors, have suspended business activities, are being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are being in any similar situations arising from similar procedures provided for in the national legislation or regulations of the SADC member states;
b) they have not been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which has the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
c) they have not been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which E8 Secretariat can justify;
d) they have fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed;
e) they have not been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity detrimental to the E8 Secretariat' financial interests; or they are not being currently subject to an administrative penalty.
3. The estimated period for completion of the work is 40 days spread over three monthsand therefore proposals must be designed with the above mentioned consideration.
4. Your Proposal must be presented as per Standard Proposal Forms attached as Annex 2 to this request for proposals, in the English language and be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents. If the supporting documents are not in English, these shall be accompanied by a certified translation into English.
5. Your proposal must be sent by email to email@example.com in PDF and must be password protected. It must be clearly marked “REFERENCE NUMBER E8-CONS-001/2021. with “GLOBAL FUND GRANT PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT FOR MALARIA ELIMINATION INITIATIVE” in the subject line of the email.
6. The deadline for submission of your proposal, to the address indicated in Paragraph 5 above, is 21 January 2021 at 17:00 hours. The password should be sent on the Bid Closing Date, after 17:00 hours in a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals submitted by E-mail are acceptable to the following address:
email@example.com provided the Proposal is in PDF format and password protected.
7. Your proposal will be evaluated against the Technical criteria in Annex 2.
8. Your proposal should be submitted as per the following instructions and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Standard Contract attached as Annex 3 to this Request for proposals.
The financial proposal shall be inclusive of all expenses deemed necessary by the Individual Consultant for the performance of the contract.
- EVALUATION AND AWARD OF THE CONTRACT:
Proposals determined to be formally compliant to the requirements will be further evaluated technically.
A Proposal is considered compliant to the requirements if:
- It fulfils the formal requirements (see Paragraphs 2,3,4,5 and 6 above),
- The financial proposal does not exceed the proposed number of days available for the contract.
- VALIDITY OF THE PROPOSAL:
Your Proposal should be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of deadline for submission indicated in Paragraph 6 above.
9. CONTRACT AWARD
- The E8 Secretariat entity reserves the right to accept or reject any Proposal, and to annul the solicitation process and reject all Proposals at any time prior to award of contract, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected Consultant or any obligation to inform the affected Consultant or Consultants of the grounds for the E8 Secretariat’s action.
Prior to expiration of the period of proposal validity, the E8 Secretariat will award the contract to the qualified Consultant whose Proposal after being evaluated is considered to be the most responsive to the needs of the organisation and activity concerned.
An interview with consultants may be held during evaluation process, if deemed necessary.
- E8 Secretariat’s reserves the right to vary requirements at time of award
The E8 Secretariat reserves the right at the time of award of contract to vary the quantity of services and goods specified in the request for proposals without any change in price or other terms and conditions.
- Signing of the contract
Within Five (5) days of receipt of the contract the successful Consultant shall sign and date the contract and return it to the E8 Secretariat.
10. Your proposal is received on the basis that you fully understand and accept these terms and conditions.
11. The assignment is expected to commence within seven (7) days from the signature of the Contract.
12. Additional requests for information and clarifications can be made until five (5) working days prior to deadline indicated in the paragraph 6 above, from:
The Procuring entity: SADC Malaria Elimination Eight Secretariat
Contact person: Mrs Chipo Chirefu-Toto, Head of Finance, Grants and Operations
Telephone: +264 61 242 849
Clarifications will be sent to all invited Consultants before the deadline for submission of the proposals.
To enable you to submit a proposal, please find attached the following documents: