Call for Proposals
The German Development Cooperation (GDC) through the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) provides support to SADC Secretariat and SADC Member States to implement the upcoming joint regional SADC/GIZ programme on “Climate Resilience and NRM in the SADC Region” (C-NRM) running from 2021 to 2023. The SADC/GIZ C-NRM programme makes available funds for the development of demonstration projects in SADC TFCAs in the areas of
- Building More Resilient Communities in and around TFCAs,
- Cross-Border Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation in TFCAs,
- Strengthening Cross-Border Collaboration and Regional Integration in TFCAs
Organisations working in SADC TFCAs are invited to submit project proposals for such demonstration projects, which may include the following topics: alternative livelihoods, climate smart agriculture, aquaculture, fisheries, forestry (e.g. REDD), rangeland management, and ecosystem-based adaptation/ nature-based solutions. The demonstration projects are planned to start in early 2021.
We welcome project proposals based on existing (cross-border) initiatives and projects who see a potential for an add-on component or scaling-up of a proven methodology. For further details please refer to the Terms of Reference in English, French and Portuguese. Proposals should be submitted electronically in English language until 10th August midnight using the attached proposal template.
- 1_Introduction - Call for TFCA Project Proposals.docx
- 2_20200629 TOR GIZ SADC Public Call for Concepts 2021-en.pdf
- 3_20200629 TOR GIZ SADC Public Call for Concepts 2021-fr.pdf
- 4_20200629 TOR GIZ SADC Public Call for Concepts 2021-pt.pdf
- 20200629 Template_Concepts for TFCA demonstration projects_final_en.docx
- 20200629 Template_Concepts for TFCA demonstration projects_final_fr.docx
- 20200629 Template_concepts for TFCA deomonstraion projects_final_pt.docx
- Template_indicative budget_crossborder TFCA project.xlsx