VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT - 18 REGIONAL POSITIONS
The Southern African Development Community (SADC) is a regional economic community founded and maintained by countries in Southern Africa. It aims to further the socio-economic, political and security cooperation among its Member States and foster regional integration in order to achieve peace, stability and wealth. SADC currently has fifteen Member States with a population of approximately 327 million people and a combined GDP of USD 600 billion (2016).
The Secretariat is currently recruiting for various positions to enhance its capacity to deliver on the above mandate. The Secretariat is therefore inviting suitably qualified and experienced citizens of SADC to apply for the following positions tenable at its Headquarters in Gaborone, Botswana or as stated in the job advert:
Position Job Grade
- Senior Officer Politics and Diplomacy 4
- Senior Officer – Development and Performance Management 4
- Senior Officer Internal Audit 4
- Senior Programme Manager - Documentation & Information 4
(SPGRC, Lusaka, Zambia)
- Finance and Admin Officer – RPTC (Harare, Zimbabwe) 6
- Finance Officer – Grants/Contracts & Projects 6
- Finance Officer – Payroll 6
- Programme Officer - Science, Technology and Innovation 6
- Human Resources Officer (Remuneration & Admin Officer) 6
- Translator – French 6
- Translator – Portuguese 6
- Programme Officer – Industrial Policy 6
- Programme Officer – Seasonal and Climate Forecaster
(Climate Services Centre) 6
- Communication Officer – Internal 6
- Programme Officer - Gender Mainstreaming 6
- Programme Officer – Regional Trade 6
- Legal Counsel 6
- Internal Auditor 6
The SADC Secretariat offers a competitive package for all the positions as outlined below.
Job Grade Average Package per Annum:
Job Grade 4 US$ 81, 650
Job Grade 6 US$ 72, 527
Tenure of appointment
All appointments for the above positions will be on a fixed term contract for a period of four (4) years, renewable twice for an equal period subject to:
- satisfactory completion of 6 months’ probation;
- satisfactory performance;
- retirement age limit of 60 years; and
- the continued need for the position.
The positions are open to qualified applicants who:
- Are 50 years old or younger. This requirement is based on the Organization’s need to recruit staff who can serve for a reasonable period of time before reaching the mandatory retirement age of 60 years.
- Are from the following eligible Member States: Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Closing Date and Submission of Applications: Applications must be submitted to the SADC National Contact Point https://www.sadc.int/opportunities/employment/national-contact-points/ of the eligible Member States not later than or on 23 May 2022.
Applications should be accompanied by the following:
a) a cover letter stating the position that you want to be considered for and describe how your qualifications, experience and competencies are relevant to the position;
b) Not more than five (5) pages updated curriculum vitae;
c) certified copies of your degree(s), Diploma(s) and Certificate(s); and
d) duly signed and completed SADC Application Form.
Should you be shortlisted, you will be required to produce evidence of educational and professional qualifications supporting your application, on the day of your interview.
SADC is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourages applications from female candidates.
If you are results orientated, you have a passion for the transformation and development of Southern Africa, and possess the required competencies, please submit your application.
Only applicants who meet the requirements of the SADC Secretariat and being considered for interview, will be contacted. Should you not hear from the SADC Secretariat within two months after the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
For further details on the position that you want to apply for, job profiles and SADC Application Form, refer to the attachments below.
Details can also be obtained from the National Contact Point in your respective country.
- English Job Advert 18 regional positions.doc
- English Job Profiles.docx
- French Job Advert 18 regional positions.doc
- French Job Profiles.docx
- Portuguese Job Advert 18 regional positions.docx
- Portuguese Job Profiles.docx
- SADC Application Form -English.doc
- SADC Application forms - French.docx
- SADC Application Form - PT.doc