COMESA and EU have signed two (2) contribution/grant agreements in December 2020, under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF) to support to the Tripartite (consisting of SADC, EAC and COMESA but also including IGAD and IOC) on ICT and Transport (Air) Sectors, namely:
- Enhancement of Governance and Enabling Environment in the ICT Sector (EGEE-ICT) in the Eastern Africa, Southern Africa and the Indian Ocean region (EA-SA-IO) Region; and
- Support to the Air Transport Sector Development (SATSD) in the EA-SA-IO Region.
These are four (4) year programmes. The EGEE-ICT Programme aims at supporting the effective review and development of various regional policy and regulatory framework in a harmonised manner that will contribute to enhancing competition, improved access to cost effective and secure ICT services. Whereas, the SATSD Programme aims at supporting the operationalisation of the Single African Air Transport Market (SAATM), strengthening the regulatory and institutional capacity of civil aviation institutions; and improving air navigation efficiency in the EA-SA-IO region. Both programmes contribute towards deepening of regional integration of the EA-SA-IO region by contributing to the growth of the respective sectors to strengthen trade, economic and social ties.
SADC citizens are invited to apply for these SATSD and EGEE-ICT opportunities.
- Team Leader/ Air Transport, Aviation Expert
- Air Transport Policy and Regulatory Expert
- Air Navigation Services Expert
- Team Leader, Telecommunications Expert
- ICT Policy and Regulation Expert 1
- ICT Policy and Regulation Expert 2
- Administrative Assistant
Click on the following link to access the above stated seven (7) opportunities: