Senior Flight Operations Inspector (1 position)
International Civil Aviation Organization
Project NAM 14/801
Assistance to Namibia Civil Aviation Authority
1. General Information
|Job Code/Title:||Senior Flight Operations Inspector|
|Project:||NAM 14/801 Assistance to Namibia Civil Aviation Authority|
|Grade:||UN Level C Step VIII (Equivalent to salary of N$ 1,042,326)|
|Type of Contract & Duration:||Fixed term – 12 months|
|Reports to:||Chief of Flight Operations|
2. Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of Civil Aviation, Namibia and supervision of th
- Undertaking the e Chief of Flight Operations certification of air operators and associated approvals and authorisations
- Conducting scheduled and ad hoc air operator surveillance activities, including base, flight, cabin and ramp inspections and submitting appropriate reports.
- Managing the documentation, certificates, records and correspondence related to the Inspector’s assigned air operators
- Conducting foreign operator ramp inspections
- Assisting in the review and promulgation of civil aviation regulations and guidance materials
- Maintaining professional knowledge of industry and regulatory developments
- Supporting safety awareness programmes for the aviation industry
- Participating in safety meetings and other working groups
- Providing technical support in air accident and incident investigations
- Providing technical support in legal and enforcement activities
- Provide reports on the activities as required by the DCA
- Undertaking any other duties as required by the Chief and the Director of Civil Aviation
3. Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Hold an airline transport pilot licence
- Flying experience of at least 5000 flight hours as a pilot in command
- Experience as Flight Operations Inspector, Flight Instructor or Flight Examiner an advantage.
- Civil or military aviation management experience an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Adopts a principled approach and adheres to the DCA values and code of conduct.
- Challenges important issues constructively.
- Acknowledges mistakes and learns from them, seeking guidance and advice when required.
- Willingness and aptitude to work in a flexible working environment, including overtime and travel away from home base.
- Willingness and aptitude to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to cope with the stresses of changing priorities and deadlines and to manage project, task and time priorities.
- Ability to conduct duties in and impartial and objective manner in the face of client objections and disagreement over regulatory decisions.
- Well-developed IT skills including proficiency in MS Office applications or equivalent.
- Knowledge of auditing standards is an advantage.
- Judgement/Decision-Making: Demonstrated ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and commitments, to exercise a mature opinion, to recognize key issues and analyse relevant information, to formulate viable recommendations and make decisions.
- Vision: Identifies strategic issues, opportunities and risks.
- Leadership: Drives for change and improvement, does not accept the status quo, establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support.
- Managing Performance: Monitor progress against milestones and deadlines.
- Building Trust: Operates with transparency, treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately.
- Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project objectives and maintain harmonious working relations in a multinational environment.
- Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with outside partners, to work and argue effectively in a system based on consensus and to successfully manage and resolve conflicts.
- Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and present oral reports.
All applications shall be sent by email with a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae attached. Applicants must, in their application, specifically demonstrate how their experience, skills and qualifications would address the Duties and Responsibilities of the project vacancy. The subject field should include the applicants name and clearly indicate the project vacancy applied for.
ICAO Project NAM 14/801,
Closing date: 16:00, Friday 10 March 2017
ONLY APPLICATIONS FROM APPLICANTS WHO ARE FROM SADC MEMBER STATES SHALL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and the recruitment process might not necessarily end up in an appointment being made. Please note that all successful applicants shall be subject to a formal medical assessment prior to issue of contract.