1.1. The Southern African Development Community (SADC) has fifteen Member Stateswith a population of approximately 292 million and a combined GDP of USD 686.2 billion (2013). The overall objective of SADC is to achieve development and economic growth, which is to be attained through increased regional integration, built on democratic principles and equitable and sustainable development.
1.2. It is following this background that SADC Secretariat wishes to invite suitably qualified, experienced citizens of Botswana to apply for the position of Programme Assistant - Tripartite Transport and Transit Facilitation Programme (TTTFP), tenable at its Headquarters in Gaborone, Botswana:
2.0 MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Assist the Programme Coordinator and Finance Officer to plan, manage and coordinate the implementation of the Programme Estimate (PE) for the "EA-SA Transport and Transit Facilitation Programme”;
- Assist with the planning and scheduling of missions, workshops, conference, study visits and training activities funded through the PE; and
- Administration of the project office.
3.0 KEY RESULT AREAS, AMONGST OTHERS:
- Assist in the management, planning and implementation of activities covered by the TTTFP Programme Estimate including performing all administrative and logistical tasks;
- Assist with the planning and scheduling of conferences, meetings, workshops and training programs including logistics for participants, resource persons, consultants and staff;
- Coordinating travel and logistics for participants and staff by liaising with travel agents and following up with travellers including preparation of logistics advisory notes based on information collected from venue;
- Organization of all conferences and meetings including obtaining quotations, assisting in negotiations for rates and support services;
- Support the delivery and facilitation of conferences, meeting and workshops including inspection of rooms, registration of participants, production and distribution of documents and supervising service providers-meals, interpretation, translation, photocopying etc.;
- Manage all administrative duties relating to running of the office that will be used by the project team including assisting in the procurement and payment of utilities and services;
- Assist with the implementation of communication and visibility strategy including the dissemination and posting of documents on project websites, databases and other ICT platforms;
- Assist with implementation of monitoring and evaluation of project by following up on reports and questionnaires, collation and analysis of reports;
- Manage the classification, filling, custody and administration of records, reports and documents;
- Maintaining an updated database of meeting and conference venues and service providers;
- Managing correspondences for the office;
- Assist in the procurement of related services such as translation, interpretation, travel and logistics and assisting in overseeing the performance of such contracts;
- Manage the office for the TTTFP including managing the provision of office support services such as security, cleaning and maintenance; and
- Perform other duties and tasks as may be requested by the Programme Coordinator and the Finance Officer.
4.0 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree covering administration, project management / business management / or related discipline or, in the absence of a Degree, a diploma with at least 5 years’ experience managing development assistance projects.
- At least 3 years’ project management experience on a regional project funded by a major donor such as EU, GIZ, USAID or multilateral institutions such as WB, UN etc.
- Previous experience with EU programmes will be an added advantage.
4.1 Other Requirements:
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Fluent in spoken and written English; and
- Computer proficiency with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, and Power Point and familiarity with data base management programmes.
5.0 TENURE OF APPOINTMENT: Four (4) years
US$ 37, 075 per annum at Job Grade 9.
7.0 SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted to:
The Executive Secretary
ATTENTION: Director of Human Resources and Administration or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should accompany the following:
- A short covering letter stating the position that you want to be considered for and describe how your qualifications, experience and competencies are relevant to the position;
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae;
- Certified copies of your degree(s), Diploma(s) and Certificate(s);
- Duly completed SADC Application Form.
Should you be shortlisted, you will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications supporting your applications on the day of your interview.
SADC is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
Closing Date: 18 June 2017:
If you are result oriented, you have passion for the transformation and development of Southern Africa, and possess the competencies to meet the new challenges, submit your application now!!
Only applicants who meet the requirements and have been shortlisted for the interview will be contacted. Should you not hear from the SADC Secretariat within four weeks after closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.