The SADC Secretariat invites suitably qualified, experienced, innovative, result oriented and self-driven individuals who are citizens of Botswana to apply for the following position tenable at SADC Secretariat Headquarters.
Position title : Assistant Procurement Officer – Ex-Ante
Application Deadline: : 7th October 2021
Post Grade : 8
Duration of Contract: : 4 years
Package: : US$ 31134.00 per annum
For detailed job descriptions and Submission of applications, please visit the following link https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/53793
Interested and qualified candidates are advised to read the requirements very carefully before submitting their applications.
Applicants are advised to apply online and do a full registration process, attaching Motivation Letter, CV’s, certified copies of educational, professional certificates and references. Applications with inadequate supporting documents will not be considered.
Only applicants who meet the requirements of the SADC Secretariat will be considered for interview. Should you not hear from the SADC Secretariat within two months after the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Applications received through any other sources will not be considered.
Assistant Procurement Officer - Ex-Ante Grade 8
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Duration: 4 years
Responsible to provide procurement assistance and support to the Procurement Officer (ex-ante)
- Work closely with the procurement Officer Ex ante to provide procurement advice and guidance on all aspects of the procurement function
- Work closely with Procurement officer ex ante to plan and monitor quality of work output, reviewing all procurements prior to execution for appropriateness, completeness and accuracy
- Ensure that all solicitation documents prepared by the procurement unit are compliant with the SADC Secretariat procurement policies and guidelines.
- Assist the procurement Officer Ex ante in delivery of on job training for user departments in procurement techniques, processes and systems
- Assist the Ex ante officer in the training of management and tender Committees in procurement processes
- Assist and train Requisition Units with respect to Procurement Plans and on other procurement matters
- Review Technical Specifications and Terms of Reference, in compliance with the procurement policy and regulation
- Review the eligibility, qualification, evaluation and award criteria for compliance with the SADC procurement policies and guidelines
- Prepare monthly reports, to the Head of Unit and Deputy Executive Secretary on the performance of the Procurement function
- Prepare special reports, statistics and forecasts and carry on other assignment as required by the supervisor
- Assist the ex-ante officer in provision of quality control on procurement processes to ensure compliance with SADC procurement policies and guidelines
- Reviewing the eligibility, qualification, evaluation and award criteria for compliance with the SADC procurement policies and guidelines
- Preparing special procurement reports, statistics and forecasts § Research and adopt best practices in own specialised area of work, and maintain high level of knowledge in order to effectively undertake the duties of the post
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervising officer
At least an advanced Diploma in Supply Chain or Procurement Management or related field from a recognised institution
At least 5-7 years work experience in Procurement.
- Knowledge of procurement processes, policies and procedures
- Proficient in the use of computers and computer software relevant to the position
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Networking and relationship building skills
- Organisational skills (planning, time management, work prioritisation)
- Research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capable of maintaining quality whilst working under pressure and adhering to dead lines
- Compliance with rules, regulations, processes and procedures
- Conceptual and practical thinking
- Customer focused
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and without too much close supervision
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Maintain confidentiality and respectful of sensitive situations
- Methodical and organised, with a high level of attention to details
- Professionalism and adherence to good work ethics (integrity, dependability, punctuality, etc.)
- Willingness to learn and improve on a continual basis
- Resilience and personal drive, self-motivation
- Results and performance driven
- Team player