LUANDA, REPUBLIC OF ANGOLA 21 NOVEMBER 2017:
• The Summit of Organ Troika Plus SADC Chair of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) was held in Luanda, in the Republic of Angola on 21st November 2017.
• The Summit of Organ Troika Plus SADC Chair was attended by the following Heads of State and Government or their representatives:
South Africa: H.E. President Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma, as Chairperson of SADC
Angola: H.E. President João Lourenço, as Chairperson of the Organ
Zambia: H.E. President Edgar Chagwa Lungu, as incoming Chairperson of the Organ
United Republic of Tanzania: Hon. Dr. Augustine Mahiga, Minister of International Affairs and East Africa Cooperation, United Republic of Tanzania, as representative of the outgoing Chairperson of the Organ
• The Summit of Organ Troika Plus SADC Chair was also attended by the Executive Secretary of SADC, H.E. Dr. Stergomena Lawrence Tax.
• The Summit of Organ Troika Plus SADC Chair noted with great concern the unfolding political situation in the Republic of Zimbabwe, and resolved thatH.E. President Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma, in his capacity as the Chairperson of SADC, and H.E João Manuel Gonçalves Lourenço, in his capacity as Chairperson of the Organ on Politics Def\ence and Security Cooperationwill immediately undertake a mission to Zimbabwe on 22 November, 2017 to assess the situation.
• The Summit of Organ Troika Plus SADC Chair commended H.E João Manuel Gonçalves Lourenço, the President of the Republic of Angola and Chairperson of the Organ on Politics Defence and Security Cooperation for hosting the Summit and for the warm hospitality extended to all the delegates.
Done at Luanda, Republic of Angola, 21st November 2017