The Southern African Development Community (SADC) Mission Statement is to promote sustainable and equitable economic growth and socio-economic development through efficient, productive systems, deeper co-operation and integration, good governance, and durable peace and security; so that the region emerges as a competitive and effective player in international relations and the world economy.
- Sovereign equality of all Member States;
- Solidarity, peace and security;
- Human rights, democracy and the rule of law;
- Equity, balance and mutual benefit; and
- Peaceful settlement of disputes.