Response Progress to Date
People in Need
- United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Assistance (OCHA)
OCHA is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
- United Nations World Food Programme
The World Food Programme is the food assistance branch of the United Nations and the world's largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
- United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO)
Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO's efforts – to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives.
- United Nations Children’s Fund
UNICEF is a leading humanitarian and development agency working globally for the rights of every child. As outlined in its Core Commitments for Children in Humanitarian Action, UNICEF is dedicated to upholding the rights of children affected by humanitarian crisis.
- World Health Organization
WHO goal is to build a better, healthier future for people all over the world. Working through offices in more than 150 countries, WHO staff work side by side with governments and other partners to ensure the highest attainable level of health for all people.
|Physical Address:||University of Agriculture, Sebele, Gaborone, Botswana|
|Postal Address:||El Niño Response Centre, Private Bag 0095, Gaborone, Botswana|
|Email Address:||[email protected]|
|Phone:||(+267) 395 1863|
|Fax:||(+267) 397 2848|
- Regional Disaster Declaration
- SADC Humanitarian Appeal Document
- Regional Response Strategy
- SADC Regional Situation Update on El Niño-Induced Drought
- Outcome from the workshop on REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION PLAN FOR HUMANITARIAN RELIEF CARGO IN SADC
- SADC Regional Vulnerability Assessment and Analysis Synthesis Report 2016