|Job Title:||HR Consultancy|
|Reports To:||Director, E8 Secretariat|
|Duration:||2 months contract|
|Location:||E8 Secretariat, Windhoek, Namibia|
The E8 Secretariat employs a team of approximately 25 staff, most of whom are based in Windhoek, Namibia, while others work out of the E8 countries (as listed above). The Secretariat seeks the services of a Human Resources Specialist, with extensive experience in the HR and compliance practices of international organizations operating in the SADC region. He or she must primarily be able to advise on contract terms, remuneration packages, employee benefits, and particularly tax obligations, for employees operating in an international organization, and working in various locations across the region. The required advisor must have experience with HR policies in international organization settings.
Scope of Work
- Review E8 Secretariat HR Manual, and advise on policy issues relating to culture building, local and international compliance and best practice
- Advise on the various modes of contracting staff and consultants by the E8 Secretariat, to ensure compliance with Namibian Labour Laws, as well as the wider SADC landscape in which E8 staff operate. This includes allowable benefits, within the context of the respective labour laws
- Advise on remuneration and employee income tax requirements, as per Namibian labour law, and local laws in SADC countries
- Analyse E8 HR policy vis-à-vis donor requirements and minimum standards
- Minimum eight years’ experience in human resources, labour law, and compliance in several SADC countries
- Experience with UN or international NGOs on human resources, including with varying kinds of contract types
- Experience engaging with executive management and advising policy implementation related to human resources
- Demonstrated ability to apply core principles to advise on novel approaches for unique settings
- Membership of a relevant professional body would be an advantage
- Fluency in English
- Initial engagement and recommendations in May (4 days)
- Finalization in June (2 days)
Consultancy will mostly be conducted remotely, through email and skype calling. 1-2 days travel to Windhoek or Johannesburg may be required.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to send their CV, Proposed work plan and budget to [email protected] no later than April 26, 2017 clearly indicating the assignment for which they are applying in the email subject line.