The SADC Secretariat invites suitably qualified, experienced, innovative, result oriented and self driven individuals who are citizens of Botswana to apply for the following positions tenable at SADC Secretariat Headquarters.
Position: Assistant Human Resources – Payroll
Job Grade: 9
Main purpose of the job: Under the Supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the Assistant Human Resources Officer - Payroll will support the Support the Remuneration and Administration Officer in performing in administration of payroll and other personnel functions.
- Provide payroll information to Finance by collecting time and attendance records
- Maintain the confidentiality of Human Resources and Payroll records and information including employee personal information
- Input and maintain payroll and personnel related data
- Keep up-to-date personnel files and records; maintain employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data
- Prepare employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data
- Monitor daily attendance and scheduled absences; inform the Supervisor of any uninformed absences or unapproved leave
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date leave records
- Respond to staff queries on (a) leave related issues, (b) salaries and other terms of employment related issues, and (c) any other queries that are within his / her level of competence and authority
- Check, input and process applications and claims for leave, work and residence permits, compensation claims, as well as medical aid, insurance and pension schemes etc.
- Organize any transitional provisions of employee compensation, pay and benefits as required
- Generate queries from the HRMIS, service and run month end reports and statistics for submission to the immediate supervisor
Reward and Remuneration
- Compute compensation statistics
- Track market remunerations
- Work with Consultants for salary reviews, job evaluations and job classifications, and the preparation of job descriptions
- Prepare information on the remuneration structure in response to requests from internal stakeholders
- Keep records of compensation and benefits information
- Provide secretarial support and other administrative and technical assistance to the Supervising Officer as and when required, with regard to:
- Data collation, input, consolidation and analysis
- Preparation of manual and computerized reports
- Typing and filing
- Administrative and logistic arrangements
- Research and adopt best practices in own specialized area of work, and maintain high level of knowledge in order to effectively undertake the duties of the post
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervising officer
At least a Degree in Human Resources Management or related field from a recognized institution.
Professional Certification: None required
At least 5-7 years of work experience in human resource management.
Duration of Contract: 4 years
Package: US $ 30857 per annum
Closing Date: Interested applicants should send their Motivation Letter, CV’s, certified copies of educational, professional certificates and references no later than 23 June 2017.
The Executive Secretary
ATTENTION: Director HR & Admin
P/ Bag 0095
Email application to [email protected]
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to
More details on the advert can be accessed on the below attachment.