The SADC Secretariat invites suitably qualified, experienced, innovative, result oriented and self-driven individuals who are citizens of Botswana to apply for the positions of Senior Secretary-Portuguese tenable at SADC Secretariat Headquarters.
Position: Senior Secretary - Portuguese
Main purpose of the job: To provide administrative and secretarial services for the Conference Services Unit.
- Typing, proof reading, referencing letters and filing
- Filing, referencing and distributing Portuguese documents for SADC meetings
- Routine office organization and management
- Arranging and managing travel and related activities for the Unit
- Making arrangements for interpreters, interpretation equipment and translators for servicing SADC meetings using a roster
- Undertaking missions on SADC business as required
- Participate in the servicing of official SADC meetings (Summit and Council, etc.)
- Cambridge School Certificate or 5 GCE “O” Levels or equivalent;
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or its equivalent, and a minimum of 100 words per minute shorthand and 50 words per minute typing from a recognized Secretarial Training College
- At least five (5) years practical experience as Senior Secretary Portuguese.
- Computer literacy in Windows for Microsoft Word, Excel and Dbase.
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to work in a team
- Must have Sound public relations skills and be courteous
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have a good command of Portuguese and English Language
- Ability to operate audio machines with Portuguese characters
- Computer literacy including database management, word processing and spreadsheets
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
Duration of Contract: Four (4) years
Package: Grade 9, (US $ 30, 857 per annum)
Submissions: Interested applicants should forward their application Letters, CVs, SADC Application Form, Certified ID copies, Educational Certificates and names of three referees to the following address.
The Executive Secretary
ATTENTION: Director HR and Admin
P/ Bag 0095
Gaborone, BOTSWANA or e-mail to [email protected]
We regret to inform you that only short listed applicants will be communicated to.
Closing Date: 19th December, 2016 at or before 1630 hours.