- Ensure a timely, e ective and e cient implementation of the project through provision of project management services; overseeing the implementation of all aspects of the project, and being fully responsible for the day-to-day management of the project.
- Master of Science (MSc) degree in water resources development or a related field;
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in project management and experience in procurement will be an added advantage;
- 10 years of work experience related to transboundary river basin planning and infrastructure development including multipurpose water resources project preparation;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in leadership and management of multi-disciplinary teams and projects;
- Strong facilitation skills and a proven track-record in stakeholder coordination;
- Effective communication in the English language, and networking abilities;
- Ability to mobilise funding for projects or initiatives;
- Experience in technical and funding proposal/programme development;
- Experience working with projects funded by development agencies; and
- Familiarity with water, climate change resilience and modelling in the Orange-Senqu River Basin and the SADC Region.
- One year contract, renewable based on performance, all along the project lifespan (tentatively estimated to cover the period January 2017 to September 2019)
Interested candidates should submit their applications and comprehensive CVs to [email protected] not later than 11th November 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.