The SADC Secretariat invites suitably qualified, experienced, innovative, result oriented and self-driven individuals who are citizens of Botswana to apply for the positions of Assistant Finance Officer, and Office Orderly tenable at SADC Secretariat Headquarters.
Position: Assistant Finance Officer
Main purpose of the job: To support financial control based on valid and authorized records; effect payments; update; books of accounts; and carry out payroll accounts reconciliations. The Assistant Finance Officer shall report to Finance Officer
- Register documents (i.e. net payroll; loan; advances; and or any other instrument originating payment) approved by HR and submitted to finance for financial control; and payments.
- Assist Finance Officer in clearing documents:
(i) for compliance with applicable policies, rules and regulations; and
(ii) for adequacy of supporting financial records.
- Active liaison, engagement and cooperation with Human Resources personnel responsible for payroll.
B. Payments processing
- Compilation of payment pack, with all supporting documents based on payment system (manual and or electronic);
- Submit payment pack for authorisations in accordance with policies, rules and regulations; and
- Transmission of payments’ instruments.
C. Updating books of accounts, simultaneously with actions under Stage B.
D. Payroll accounts reconciliations submitted for review by 15th of the following month:
- Payroll bank accounts
- Payroll control [payments vis-à-vis collections
- Staff payroll accounts [loans]
- Staff payroll accounts [advances]
- Staff payroll accounts [gratuity]
- Inter-project payroll accounts
- Generation and submission of month-end reports, including monthly payroll reports and movements from month to month.
- Secure payroll financial records, which support earnings, deductions and payments
- Support Finance Officer in handling and addressing reporting and audit enquiries.
First Degree in Degree in Accounting or AAT or equivalent
At least four (4) years relevant experience in Finance, experience in donor funded programmes will be an added advantage.
- Experience in usage of Accounting software packages ( Accpac, SunSystems, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc) and advance knowledge of spread sheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems
- Fluency in English required additional fluency in French and Portuguese desirable.
Duration of Contract: Four (4) years
Package: Grade 8, (US $ 31, 134 per annum)
Submissions: Interested applicants should forward their application Letters, CVs, SADC Application Form, Certified ID copies, Educational Certificates and names of three referees to the following address.
The Executive Secretary
ATTENTION: Director HR and Admin
P/ Bag 0095
Gaborone, BOTSWANA or e-mail to [email protected]
We regret to inform you that only short listed applicants will be communicated to.
Closing Date: Monday 08th July, 2016 at or before 1630 hours.